Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Rattles - Yes I Know, I Know ....

My dealer claims NFF (no fault found) when I complained of the dash rattle. Mine seems worse when the ambient temperature is low, and of course probably does not show up on the nice smooth roads they test on. These rattles are WELL documented on this forum at least, but the dealer claims he is not aware of any problem - well he would wouldnt he ! What I am looking for is something that I can show him to prove that this IS a well known fault on these cars. Any help appreciated. :) I have mentioned the forum to him, and the rattle problem even before I bought I car, but they always state that they are "not interested" in forums and other peoples rumours as it were....

PS occasional rattle from drivers door pillar area now too.

Assume you have tried another Dealer as yours is clearly non-productive as there have been GB Technical Bulletins on both these Faults!

Tel :mellow:

Assume you have tried another Dealer as yours is clearly non-productive as there have been GB Technical Bulletins on both these Faults!

Tel :mellow:

Problem is that the next dealer is even further away, a round trip of about 150 miles .

Also, not sure how a dealer who did not sell me the car will feel about trying to rectify problems ?

Are you in the trade Tel ?

No I am not in the Trade but have bought my 4 lexus from Croydon & Coventry & had them "serviced" in Leicester,Coventry,Nottingham & Derby & all 4 Dealers have given me excellent response.

All 4 have their own "Rattle -Test Surfaces" & ALL LEXUS DEALERS are linked to the GB Technical Service Software that tells them what issues are around, if there is a fix for them & how to resolve etc.

The Bulletin on the IS 220/250 covers the Dash,the Console,the A-Post Trim & the Rear-Window for example & GB's data base is ofcourse linked to the Global data base so that any common fault is rapidly resolved.

Lexus Edinburgh has close ties with LOC,give them a call to satisfy yourself that there are solutions to your problem & then select "your Dealer."

Tel :driving:

You have two choices, drive around where this dealer is and find a road that gives the rattle .... then take service manager or mechanic for a demo. Or go elsewhere. I know which I would do with a well documented fault.

The ratles are wierd..some days nothing, other days horrible!! It's all to with temperature rather than a test surface...even undulations can make the dash rattle, not just jarring potholes or ruts...

It's as if the car is a covertible, and the slight body flexes set mine off...but it is defo temperature orientated!!

PS - Eunos800 - buddy - get your dealer to call Mark at Leicester - he is a master at solving rattles...and will only advise on what will work...

have the same problem with my GS300 on 55 plate. Seem to be temp related. Try and establish a pattern to it and go to the dealer. Take one of the tech guys for a spin and get them to listen.