Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Washer Bottle Access?

My missus recently borrowed my motor and went through a huge pothole (full gory detail and pictures here). Both left tyres split and I've just forked out a couple of hundred quid for some more Continentals (just a week after paying for two others)...

..anyway. Today I noticed that something else has gone wrong - when I try to fill the windscreen washer bottle / resevoir (whatever it's called) it just dribbles straight out the bottom. However, as you guys will no doubt know, the bottom of the bottle seems to be located at the front of the wheel arch. From what I can see the bottom of it can be access by taking the wheel-arch panelling off surounding the front left wheel. I assume that a pipe has come adrift after she hit the pot hole, either that or it's pierced it.

I don't fancy paying Lexus to replace it, so I wanted to get it sorted myself. Any ideas? Am I on the right lines?

Your better off taking the bumper off to get at it mate :winky:

Ohhh.. you're joking... :( I lend her the car for a day and it causes me all this work! :)

If you do a search, its 10 min job to take bumper off mate :winky:

Ohhh.. you're joking... :( I lend her the car for a day and it causes me all this work! :)

Cool, will give it a go. Many thanks mate!

Cool, will give it a go. Many thanks mate!

No problem, if you need any help, pm me your number mate