Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Changing Wheels

Guest inicol63

Guest inicol63

I know this has been asked before, but need some advice about changing wheels

What is the situation about taking off the sensors on the wheels, will the hazard low pressure sensor on the dash board come on and the buzzer sound beep come on.

I take it this will happen, so how do you get both of these turned off, when taken off does this affect the ECU

I read that the dealer can turn the light bulb of the dash but does this stop the bleeper sounding.

Is it true that the Battery on the sensors only last around 5 years?

These sensors are over a £100 each and are easily damaged.

Thanks for any help in advance guys

What is the situation about taking off the sensors on the wheels, will the hazard low pressure sensor on the dash board come on and the buzzer sound beep come on.

I take it this will happen, so how do you get both of these turned off, when taken off does this affect the ECU

I read that the dealer can turn the light bulb of the dash but does this stop the bleeper sounding.

Is it true that the battery on the sensors only last around 5 years?

Why not just move the sensors to your new wheels. It's only a part of the valve and simply unbolts.

Guest inicol63

Why not just move the sensors to your new wheels. It's only a part of the valve and simply unbolts.

Hi i am told that they the sensors break easy, when taken off is this true?

Also the car is coming upto the time when the Battery (in the sensor) will start being a problem, maybe a good time to remove and disengage the system rather than paying out £600 or so to have new sensor fitted.

Guest inicol63

Also the car is coming upto the time when the Battery (in the sensor) will start being a problem, maybe a good time to remove and disengage the system rather than paying out £600 or so to have new sensor fitted.

Right guys i have finally worked out how to disarm the tyre sensor anyone needing advice please get in touch.

• 1 year later...

Right guys i have finally worked out how to disarm the tyre sensor anyone needing advice please get in touch.

Hi,i've just got some stuff from the US ,and i now have a spare set of sensors, B) if u need them bad,call me on 07900226170.Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,i've just got some stuff from the US ,and i now have a spare set of sensors, B) if u need them bad,call me on 07900226170.Terry

Hi- could you let me know how to disable the buzzer? We have had the light disabled but the buzzer still sounds 5 times every few mins. Changing from run flats was totally worth it- highly recommended!

• 2 years later...

Hi, just browsing and see you found a way to take off the tyre pressure warning light. I have just changed my wheels and the fitter broke the sensors so the light is on all the time. Can you help please, Cheers Lester - email address cartshed@tiscali.co.uk phone 01832 720334