Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Valve Body Upgrade

maferga

I'm trying to obtain a used valve body for my Lexus IS200 (Wiith TTE compressor + TDI Stage 1 polley) (The car has an automatic transmission - 4 speed).

What I'll like to do is modify this valve body to obtain more pressure in the transmission in order to have less "****ting lag", for which the car could respond in quicker acceleration, especailly from 1st. to 2nd. gear.

Does anyone know where I can get this used valve body ?

Does anyone know whereI can do this valve body upgrade ?

I don't undersatnd what you mean by mechanical bypass, but in the US several companies do this upgrades; what they do is: This upgrade will optimize the shift points, improve the shift feel, and improve the pressure rise, the transmission will run cooler and last longer. If you ship your valve body to their plant — they will incorporate the upgrades immediately and return it ready–to–install.

Fixes sloppy shifts, planetary burn up, band and clutch failures.

Lowers trans temperature for improved durability.

A must have for NOS, Turbo, and Supercharged machines.

well if you are wanting to imporve 0-100km/h times try getting a higer ratio final gear.

Try 4.7:1 or 4.8:1 or 5.1:1

Several companies in Japan make these for the IS/Altezza.

I have the 5.1:1 installed and acceleration is much better and the car revs easier.

i am assuming that you are reffering to the valve body within the Automatic transmission that controls the auto shift point/gearing etc.

The only way that you could ( i think anyway) get a valve body is to A: buy a new one B: get one from a breakers, but expect to have to buy the complete transmission.

As of yet I have not heard of any company in the UK doing such modifications but maybe one of our other members have???????

Anyone?

fluff34567 - Yes, I'm trying to get a used transmission from someone who upgrades his car and b installes everything fron a GS300. If I get it then I'll probably be sending the valve body to the USA at Level Ten to upgrade.....

d boey I've already done the TC upgrade and it feels like another car from start, it did a full second faster at 0-400 meters after the modified TC, which was done by the same people I mentioned (Level Ten) / By the way what is buddy Club Spec b ?.....

Supercharged IS430 - Changing the tranny would be to much for me, since this transmissions are VERY expensive plus here at Dominican Republic (here is where I live) we don't have many people who can support on this change, plus I believe that I can obtain many results from the automatic one; it even is more confortable....

TRD 328 - My car's original FGR is 4.3:1, what could be the benefits of upgrading to a higher one ? Whon't I loose top speed ? How can this make the car rev faster ? How should I know which of the 3 you mentioned is better for me ? Where can I order it ?

• 4 weeks later...

You never offered !!!

But under the conditions this tranny is going to be functioning, it might be better the Auto one over the manual: no missed gears, no faulty tire grips at fast starts (0-100mts.), ect.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys I received and installed my final gear drive (4.7:1) yesterday.

It works fine, and feels great.

Now I have no second gear sluguishness from the automatic trasnmission...

it seems like that you are making your car into a drag car...

how much was the torque convertor? is it useful?

• 2 weeks later...

Guys...sorry I couldn't answer before, but I ewas out of town.

dboey,

With the final gear 4.7, I will "much" have better low end torque and max speed will be limited ONLY to 225km/h ?

In my country (Dominican Republic) you can only go this fast for the most of 4 Min., so I guess this is more than enough.

TRD 328

As I replied to dboey...here we try to get speeds for short lengths and not for lengthy highways, mostly as you mentioned; drag racing.

The torque convertor was about US$600.00, and it is one of the most beneficiary aftermarket modifications or add ons I have felt in the car, regardind time acceleration reduction (This mod. only works fron starts !!!).

• 1 month later...

my friend just got a 4.7 gearing for his IS200 but not sure if everything is in the set.

when i got my 5.1 i had tapered bearings come with it. But the 4.7 set doesn't seem to have.

Can you please tell me what came with your 4.7 set? pics?

Hi Maferga,

With the final gear 4.7, u have better low end torque but your max speed is limited to 217km/h.

Hi dboey,

according to the specifications in lexus.com.sg , the maximum speed of our car (auto) is 210km/h.

so far I have only hit 206 - in the overseas trip last year ;-) , when did u get 217 ? :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links