Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member & New Owner With Questions

Stella

Hello to all,

I have had my GS300SE for ten days now....and I like it......a lot. Seems to have everthing except kitchen sink and tea making facilities, oh and a manual.

Please can any one tell me the answers to the following questions.

What does the shift lock override button next to the gear shift do? Should there be a light coming on the dashboard to show if its on or off? Does it have any noticeable affect on the driving of the car?

The drivers door has seat memory buttons, set 2 & 1. So far I have not been able to get it to work. Maybe some special order, time or combination you have to press the buttons or maybe its just broken. Any suggestions or advice gratefully received

Thank you :driving:

Hello and welcome to the LOC sounds like your enjoying your new car which is good.

Not able to answer your questions as i know nothing about the GS but i'm sure someone will be along shortly to help.

Welcome to LOC :)

That's weird, for some reason I thought that only the Jap Imports had the red button but I guess not, basically it allows you to change the gear without having to press the brake pedal, mainly for services or valet etc so they can move the lever when they're sat in the passenger seat I guess.

Apart from that it has no function, not something you should be using when the car is turned on I don't think?

Unfortunately can't help with the memory seats as I don't have them in mine!

Welcome to LOC :)

That's weird, for some reason I thought that only the Jap Imports had the red button but I guess not, basically it allows you to change the gear without having to press the brake pedal, mainly for services or valet etc so they can move the lever when they're sat in the passenger seat I guess.

Apart from that it has no function, not something you should be using when the car is turned on I don't think?

Unfortunately can't help with the memory seats as I don't have them in mine!

Hi Stella,

To set the memory, position everything the way you want it...including door mirrors...then with the ignition on, press and hold set and the 1 or 2 button...you will get a beep when it has saved...voila!

Ken

Thanks for the welcomes and help. The memory seats are now set to 1 driving position 2 power nap position....excellent thanks Ken.

Aido, I think your right about the shift lock override button as what you say makes sense. I will try it out with the engine off just to confirm thats what it does for my own peace of mind.

Thanks again

Stella :)

Hello and Welcome to Loc :)

basically it allows you to change the gear without having to press the brake pedal, mainly for services or valet etc so they can move the lever when they're sat in the passenger seat I guess.

And if i may clarify, u can change gear from P without having key in ur ignition switch.

Thanks for the welcomes and help. The memory seats are now set to 1 driving position 2 power nap position....excellent thanks Ken.

Aido, I think your right about the shift lock override button as what you say makes sense. I will try it out with the engine off just to confirm thats what it does for my own peace of mind.

Thanks again

Stella :)

Those buttons are perfect! Hubby and I both drive our car. I'm only 5'4'' so my seat position is quite different to his! - obv I'm on position 1 :lol:

Enjoy yr GS, they are great cars!

Hello and Welcome to Loc :)
basically it allows you to change the gear without having to press the brake pedal, mainly for services or valet etc so they can move the lever when they're sat in the passenger seat I guess.

And if i may clarify, u can change gear from P without having key in ur ignition switch.

It's used to move out of P if your Battery is flat.