Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Harrier

junkering

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbe on this forum and a contented owner of a re-badged Harrier import (1998). Did not realise some of the difficulties invlolved with these imports when I bought it. Also did not know it was actually a Toyota Harrier because it was rebadged, even the steering wheel. My next car will probabaly be a UK registered RX300 as I do love these cars now. Smooth, quiet and comfortable.

Anyway cannot find a roof rack for this model and need one urgently. No-one seems to supply them. Have called up Lexus but no-one knows whether a roof rack for a 1999 RX300 will fit the 1998 Harrier. Also they could not supply me with any pics of the rack.

Could anyone help me on this please?

Thanks in advance :D

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbe on this forum and a contented owner of a re-badged Harrier import (1998). Did not realise some of the difficulties invlolved with these imports when I bought it. Also did not know it was actually a Toyota Harrier because it was rebadged, even the steering wheel. My next car will probabaly be a UK registered RX300 as I do love these cars now. Smooth, quiet and comfortable.

Anyway cannot find a roof rack for this model and need one urgently. No-one seems to supply them. Have called up Lexus but no-one knows whether a roof rack for a 1999 RX300 will fit the 1998 Harrier. Also they could not supply me with any pics of the rack.

Hi everyone,

I have a Harrier 1998 model and I believe yours will have what they call a T-track and wwuld suggest you go on the web and have a look at the Roof Rack Warehouse or similar company who do a version from Thule for the rx300 mk 1 1998 onwards which is the same vehicle as you and I have. Just go and have a look at any other Mk1 RX300 and you will seewhat I mean.

FYI I have had a few queries as I only recently bought my Harrier and would suggets you post them on the RX300 site and you will find a good response from other members especially Terry whi is a real guru on our vehicle. good luck.

Hi everyone,

Hi and welcome to LOC.

The Harrier Mk1 roof system is the same as RX300 as is 99.9% of the other bits.

Try this link for what you need.

Link for roof rails and roof systems

Terry

Hi everyone,

I have a Harrier 1998 model and I believe yours will have what they call a T-track and wwuld suggest you go on the web and have a look at the Roof Rack Warehouse or similar company who do a version from Thule for the rx300 mk 1 1998 onwards which is the same vehicle as you and I have. Just go and have a look at any other Mk1 RX300 and you will seewhat I mean.

FYI I have had a few queries as I only recently bought my Harrier and would suggets you post them on the RX300 site and you will find a good response from other members especially Terry whi is a real guru on our vehicle. good luck.

Ooops still getting used to the forum buttons.

Thanks for the info Harold, have looked at a few racks on the net now and have been keeping records should anyone else need this info in the future. Some are quite square and ugly looking and some are sleek and stylish but from a company that has discontinued sales of these and thus far can't find where to purchase them.

Still investigating at moment though, so will post when I eventually sort this out!! :duh:

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the info Terry,

still checking for different designs. Prices seem to be all in the same region however. Will post when I finally decide and keep the info should anyone need it. Will try and post a picture or two for comparison in case anyone else is intereswted.

RX-RoofRack.jpg

Thanks again! :)

B)-->

QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jul 14 2007, 02:16 AM)
Hi everyone,

Hi and welcome to LOC.

The Harrier Mk1 roof system is the same as RX300 as is 99.9% of the other bits.

Try this link for what you need.

Link for roof rails and roof systems

Terry