Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brand New Is220d Se Mm... Shame About Rv Mirror.

Just got my brand spanking new IS220D... great car, however, the rear view mirror vibrates like mad, even without the stereo on.

In addition, I have a few questions:

Does anyone know how to get the telephone voice recognition dials working? I followed the instructions to the T but it just keeps saying voice tag empty??

There is a slight 'pinking' noise when I accelerate... is this normal? Could just be because it's a diesel or because the engines new?

Does anyone have any tips for me about my new car? :)

Many thanks in advance.

Does anyone have any tips for me about my new car? :)

Many thanks in advance.

Jamboo has made a few comments about how to get the best out of the car economy wise perhaps you could do a search. The vibrating rear view mirror is a problem others with 220d have made, you may need to go back to your dealer for a resolution.

Tango's comment about the exchange while sarcastic is also quite true. I know of a few on here who had wished they had bought the 250 auto instead of the 220d.

Tango's comment about the exchange while sarcastic is also quite true. I know of a few on here who had wished they had bought the 250 auto instead of the 220d.

Sarcastic?? Moi?? how could you? He asked for advice so I said what I believed, Lexus should never have put that Avensis diesel engine in the IS body. Sorry if it upsets the diesel brigade, but I'm only expressing my opinion based on driving one and reading the numerous posts on this forum.

Sarcastic?? Moi?? how could you? He asked for advice so I said what I believed, Lexus should never have put that Avensis diesel engine in the IS body. Sorry if it upsets the diesel brigade, but I'm only expressing my opinion based on driving one and reading the numerous posts on this forum.

No you are right but even so let us be a little gentler with our new members eh?

Just got back from a 250 mile round trip day out. Great car, have not driven the petrol so I can't make a comparison.

Yes the engine suffers from turbo lag and really needs to be driven hard to get the most from the engine in terms of responsiveness.

Still can't get the voice commands to work with the Bluetooth telephone function... will go to local dealer tomorrow and ask for a demo. It just keeps saying voice tag empty after pressing speak button, saying dial by name and then pressing the button again as instructed?

Still can't get the voice commands to work with the Bluetooth telephone function... will go to local dealer tomorrow and ask for a demo. It just keeps saying voice tag empty after pressing speak button, saying dial by name and then pressing the button again as instructed?

You have to load the numbers seperately for the voice tags...have you done this? Must admit I have to load a few more 'cos at the moment I've just got my immediate family and the inevitable 'phone home'. You can tag each number with whatever tag you wish, but preferably something short e.g "her indoors" :whistling:

You have to load the numbers seperately for the voice tags...have you done this? Must admit I have to load a few more 'cos at the moment I've just got my immediate family and the inevitable 'phone home'. You can tag each number with whatever tag you wish, but preferably something short e.g "her indoors" :whistling:

I have set up my phone book and speed dials. I had to copy each contact as a business card, which took about 20-30 seconds for each, the whole process literally took hours.

So how do you enter the numbers for voice recognition? I have read the manual.... must be incredibly stupid or something. :blush:

I have set up my phone book and speed dials. I had to copy each contact as a business card, which took about 20-30 seconds for each, the whole process literally took hours.

So how do you enter the numbers for voice recognition? I have read the manual.... must be incredibly stupid or something. :blush:

If I remember rightly, you go to the individual contact's page in the address book so that the name & number of the person are displayed but you scroll to page 2 where the option to add a voice tag is listed. Press that and you'll be asked to say the name you want tagged. You hear that back and confirm it and then it's stored. It confused me at first until I discovered the voice tag option was on page 2.

... re. previously learned suggestion, the last thing you should do now is try out a V6 2.5 litre Auto petrol version of your car; if you're happy with it, then don't spoil the moment... :whistling:

If it's any consolation, the mirror vibrates in all of them :tsktsk:

Mark

... re. previously learned suggestion, the last thing you should do now is try out a V6 2.5 litre Auto petrol version of your car; if you're happy with it, then don't spoil the moment... :whistling:

Mark

It certainly does not, not in mine anyway :) No rattles either and I doubt if I'm the only one.

... my point was that the IS250 Auto is far more refined than the 220d, so only disappointment would ensue if you own the diesel and compared them directly, so I wouldn't advise it unless you're willing put up with a tremendous desire to suddenly change your model!

W.r.t. interior mirror, I would suggest that if yours doesn't vibrate, you're possibly in the lucky minority :winky:

Might be my 'rattling' sunroof aperture that weakens the roof structure sufficiently to make it so bad; if you drive at speed with the roof open, you might as well forget the mirror altogether!

And please, don't get me going on creaks and rattles... :tsktsk:

Mark

It certainly does not, not in mine anyway :) No rattles either and I doubt if I'm the only one.

No rattles on mine either and the mirror only vibrated when I had music turned up very loud!

Mark

No rattles on mine either and the mirror only vibrated when I had music turned up very loud!

I'm in this club too (well, apart from the mirror - but even that is only a minor vibration)