Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 50k Service

Hi there everyone,

Can anyone help me with servicing please? I need to get my car serviced asap for the 50K mark at my local Lexus garage but I wondered if it is possible to undertake and replace any parts before hand?

For example, if they say I need new discs and pads am I able to take the car away and have them fitted elsewhere without voiding the Lexus Service History?

Any and all advice appreciated,

Thanks,

Jamie

I know that:

50,000 Mile is priced at £89.82 - roughly.

I'll be able to play Lexus Bolton off against this hopefully. The last time I spoke to my contact there he was very helpful and seemed though he'd work out a deal whenever I needed a part etc.

Wozza, it's not the warranty I'm on about, it the FLSH. Think it should be ok though. Plus I think the TTE S/C is an accepted Lex part or am I wrong?

Jamie

I know that:

50,000 Mile is priced at £89.82 - roughly.

I'll be able to play Lexus Bolton off against this hopefully. The last time I spoke to my contact there he was very helpful and seemed though he'd work out a deal whenever I needed a part etc.

Wozza, it's not the warranty I'm on about, it the FLSH. Think it should be ok though. Plus I think the TTE S/C is an accepted Lex part or am I wrong?

Jamie

Well if its only £90, it will be oil + filter change :o check this and that :winky:

Hi there.

A few questions.. I need to get my service done as I think it's due at 60k and I'm at 55K but not had it serviced since I got it, as I've only done about 3K miles. I had the air con serviced seperately, and just had a mechanic mate do the il/filter change. Car runs great. Can anyone tell me the best dealer to get the service done in the west london area ? I think I'm gonna replace the air filter with a K&N as they seem to get good reviews, (will it give me noticably better response etc in you're experience guys ?) so I've saved a lot. How much can I expect to pay for the rest ? I'll probably wanna get the belts changed even though they look fine.

Thanks.

Ring your Lexus dealer and ask them whether you can provide the oil or any parts you need. If they agree to use the stuff you provide rather than charging you extortionate amounts for the stuff they provide you may save a packet that way. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Keith

Ring your Lexus dealer and ask them whether you can provide the oil or any parts you need. If they agree to use the stuff you provide rather than charging you extortionate amounts for the stuff they provide you may save a packet that way. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Keith

Only problem is.......how do you know, thay have used your expensive oil, and not put cheap stuff in ??? and the mechanic saving it for his car :winky:

Keith

Only problem is.......how do you know, thay have used your expensive oil, and not put cheap stuff in ??? and the mechanic saving it for his car :winky:

Way ahead of you. You stand behind the mechanic with a cricket bat. He'll soon get the message.

By the way I do not condone violence in any way - there is no reason for it and it doesn't solve anything. But if you look back, I never actually said to touch the mechanic with the bat. It's the implied message that does the trick lol!

Well, got some quotes from the surounding regions for my 50K service and they were pathetic in comparison to good 'ole Mr Shipley @ Hanley.

Quotes of £235 so think I'll be driving the 45 minute trip to visit Lexus Hanley for mine. Well worth the petrol money if I'm still saving money.

Thanks for your help today Chris, I'll be booking it in shortly.

Regards,

Jamie

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links