Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello,

My hand brake light never goes off, any ideas why?

Are you sure it's the park brake light and not the low pad warning light ( don't wish to sound condescending)

Dont worry, I've only had the car a day so know zero about it :)

it looks like a hand brake light, but what does the low brake pads light look like?

edit, looked in the owners manual and its deffo a p in a circle so parking brake.

Dont worry, I've only had the car a day so know zero about it :)

it looks like a hand brake light, but what does the low brake pads light look like?

edit, looked in the owners manual and its deffo a p in a circle so parking brake.

That cleared up atleast, just make sure you release the park brake fully, I always release mine twice just to be sure, if not that then can only be a sticky contact I'm sure.

yeah id agree, its just been through an mot, you;d think they would mention something

If there was a real problem with the park brake you would feel it, and as you say, just passsed an MOT

Hello,

My hand brake light never goes off, any ideas why?

If it's on at start up, The it's a low level brake pad warning.

If it comes on after pressing the brake pedal after starting and stays on when driving then it's one of two things.

Rear brake light blub out or low brake fluid in the res in the engine bay.

Sorry just read the P in the middle of the circle.

Answer, Sticking caliper. Take off the bottom nut, Pull up caliper and then pull out the bottom bolt. This little item should be rust free with a good helping of oil or greese and should sring in and out quite easily and not be sticking. Reassamble caliper and try that. Do both sides. About 15mins to do including taking the wheels off.