Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Window Side Mirror Auto Closure Module

i asked the chap on eBay about fitting, he wasent the most helpful, just attached a scanned copy of the electrical manual, i think it needs some kind of wiring work.

not the simple plug and play, alot of us are hoping for.

i think there was another topic about it on here, have a quick search.

Anyone shed any light on this? Could you upload the scanned copy you were sent?

Hi all did this go any where im looking at this and a few other mods would save a bit of time if this did what it says on the tin electrical diagrams would be good to have a glance over

i have played around with alot of the eBay relays and autoclosure modules.

I'm not an electrician, but i know a little about cars, and not afraid to give things a go.

If you're looking for FULL autoclosure on the windows, then don't bother... i've wasted £100s of pounds finding and developing a unit that would work sensibly. But none do.

First few units I used refused to power down... draining the Battery.

Other units would continually retrigger to wind the windows up.

More recently, a module that was SO close to working, worked in a very unpleasing way. 1 window at a time... and then failed every time it got to the drivers door.

However, you don't have to take my word for it... try it yourself.

You will need to intercept the +12v line between the door switch and window motor, from each door panel. This will connect to the brown and blue from the modules.

You will need a +12v continuous feed (drivers kick panel) and an -0v earth (chassis).

Then you will also need to trace the trigger wire from the loom (drivers kick panel).

This is by no means your definitive guide, just to show you sort of skill is required when experimenting.

NB: ATTEMPT AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Finally ensure that you have a fire extinguisher handy, lol.

Have fun :D

I have just bought a GS300, and am looking to fit some type of remote closure..

I don't know if the IS is the same, but mine lets you wind up the windows and sunroof with the key in the door lock.

I was thinking of a timer unit linked to the lock switch, and triggered by the remote door locking/alarm..

My thinking would not require any other relays, and very little wiring to do.. just a commercially available timer relay.

Your thoughts?

John

If you're looking for FULL autoclosure on the windows, then don't bother... i've wasted £100s of pounds finding and developing a unit that would work sensibly. But none do.

Intresting thought process......my cars had a full closure package in place now for over 3 yrs (developed by a m8, please dont ask how it was done as i dont know) and is still working fine. :D

Good luck trying to find a solution though.

Further to my previous post, my GS300 is supposed to have remote closure...

I found out that I can open the windows/roof but not close them, the handbook says it can be disabled by the dealer..

now trying to find out if I can reativate it easily.

John

Intresting thought process......my cars had a full closure package in place now for over 3 yrs (developed by a m8, please dont ask how it was done as i dont know) and is still working fine. :D

Hi Scorps,

Is it possible for you to get your mate to explain what he used and how he acheived the "FULL" autoclosure?

I'm at a stage where I have the sunroof, wing mirrors, and 2 by 2 windows closing... but no way in a "fashionable" satisfactory way...

I don't doubt it's possible, as I have come very close to the finished article, however (like most) i am extremely fussy in the many variables and electrical technique used.

Best Regards...

Further to my previous post, my GS300 is supposed to have remote closure...

I found out that I can open the windows/roof but not close them, the handbook says it can be disabled by the dealer..

now trying to find out if I can reativate it easily.

John

Hi John,

Perhaps one of the GS owners will be along shortly to help you answer this :)

Regards...

Hiya

on mine I just push and hold the unlock key to open the windows, and push and hold the lock button to wind them up again.

If it can be disabled I can't see why it would be disabled only for closing, Opening perhaps, Ive opened mine by sitting on the keys before lol.

Its been asked b4 and he wont tell anyone how he did it......not even me, sorry! :D

I just gave him the car and it was done the next day.

:unsure:

What does your mate do for a living?

Allsorts.....he was in the alarm/ice builds....electronics genius :D

Its been asked b4 and he wont tell anyone how he did it......not even me, sorry! :D

Would like to make his acquaintance one day... get him onto LOC... doesn't have to own a Lexus to be a member :D

can we all bring our cars to him then!? :unsure:

Theres no reason for him to be a member.....hes all of the above plus more so why would he.

People have asked me many a time to get the info but he said "if there are so called knowledgeable people here" (his words not mine) then it wont take them to long to figure it out......and here we are 3 years later and still waiting.

Hes done 2 now with no problems and no stress on the winders....what can i say!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links