Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Electric Window Side Mirror Auto Closure Module

If you're looking for FULL autoclosure on the windows, then don't bother... i've wasted £100s of pounds finding and developing a unit that would work sensibly. But none do.

Intresting thought process......my cars had a full closure package in place now for over 3 yrs (developed by a m8, please dont ask how it was done as i dont know) and is still working fine. :D

Good luck trying to find a solution though.

Got one on mine tooo, Duncan fitted it to the car when he had it :winky:

Its been asked b4 and he wont tell anyone how he did it......not even me, sorry! :D

I just gave him the car and it was done the next day.

:unsure:

What does your mate do for a living?

Allsorts.....he was in the alarm/ice builds....electronics genius :D

lol but not so much with spraying bits up eh...

also i seem to remember that he tried to bypass my nav like he did with his son's but alas could not do it. maybe was a fluke on dean's.. who knows..

geoffers has also done quiet a fwe full closures. Niraj PM me, i may have a kittke something for you..

How big is that control box? Looks like you'd be able to sit it inside the driver's door, as that's where the main controls for the windows & door lock is situated.

I'd be worried about hooking wires directly upto the window motor (unless that's the source of the 12V to bypass the switch) without having relays involved.

Most window switches work on a principle of supplying 12V to one side of the switch & earth to the other to wind the window up, & then reversing the polarity to wind it down.

I think the wires, when the switch isn't being used then are earthed (but I'd have to confirm this), so then it'd be a matter of finding the wire that needs 12V to wind the window up & hooking that to a timer.

This then leaves the factory circuit breaker (which is what stops the window when it gets to its limits of travel) in place.

If your Battery is a bit dodgy, or the tracks in the windows are a bit dirty, this will slow the windows down & possibly stop them. Then the timer could not be on long enough to get all the windows up.

I must admit I really like the idea of being able to hit one button & anything & everything that is open on the car closes automatically, & will be doing it to mine as well (though you'll be waiting a while until this happens)

yes my 2005 GS works same as Brettster says, hold lock and unlock button down and the windows open or close. similar issues after keeping keys in pocket and going out to find car unlocked and all the windows open.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not a matter of cash,

Geoffers designed a full setup for this but unfortuantely he's very ill at the moment and so the designs are still with him. i'm sure they will be availiable eventually.

Stav