Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog > Brake Modification

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is interested, I can get a couple of kits made up for the brake mod at cost price only. Can be fitted at the NW meet :)

The kits come to around £2

Please post the names here, no later than 15th August.

Lee.

PS, this is only for the brake mod, NOT for the brake+light mod.

Jamie if you get the full fog/brake light thing working, lemmie know cos would love to do it with mine.

i thin Moffet has his done but not certain.

Yeah, I have it done as do many others. Easy when you follow the workshop guide on here. If i can do it anybody can!

I have the foglight->sidelight+brakelights though which required a change of bulb holder to a dual filament one - I got them from Chris Shipley.

Sidelights:

sides.jpg

Brake lights:

brakes.jpg

Fogs still work as normal.

Look here for the workshop. :D

As I said, to do the sidelight part as well you need dual filament bulb holders. They aren't needed for just the brake mod.

Brettster had it on his IS and to my knowledge never had any hassle.

It's completely legal though, so if you were to be pulled then you could bask in the knowledge that you knew more than the cop who pulled you and take great joy in telling them so. ^_^ :lol: Probably get a producer like i did for some light's afew years ago but it's worth it :winky:

There's nothing thats say's you're only allowed a maximum of 4 brake lights in the highway code, so you could have any number of additional lights at the back so long as they're RED, and as long as your fog's still function (which they will) then it will pass it's MOT.

the two most important factors of this MOD as undoing it every 12months would be a grunt!

That walk thru Moffet (Adam) mentioned needs updating,

pics missing etc.

C'mon Rick + Jamie u kno u wanna do a new walkthru when you do yours.

The when you have done it, I'll do mine and say thank you very much for

your nice new Walkthru :yahoo:

Job done :winky:

the two most important factors of this MOD as undoing it every 12months would be a grunt!

When I done this mod on Mr-Lex's IS a few years ago, I put two switches in the circut (one for each side), just tuckedthem away out of sight, perfect for MOT and service time :)

@CorsaVandal - This will only convert the fog lights to brake lights, it won't convert them to side lights too. Pay on the day is fine. It can also be reverted back to standard if you wanted to but would require a bit of soldering as you have to cut the wire.

@Rikos - The fog light element still works, also I have had 2 mots with this mod done, by 2 different garages and neither of them mentioned it :)

@DJ Wozza - I'm sure Jamie will take plenty of pics of it being done and post up an nice walkthrough.

Jamie

Corsa Vandal

Rikos

any one got a video of an is with this mod done i was thinking of it but i do like the look of the is with the nice 2 big lights lighting up

not sure what effect would be with 4 lights lighting up

would like 2 see tho

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links