Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats Behind The Seats Which Makes Boot So Small?

Just wondered as i know the seats are comfy & the boot looks massive from the outside but there's not really a mahoosive amount of space in it? Good dont get me wrong it just seems like the seats go way back, didn't know if there was any goodies hiding behind there? I saw in other post there's a sub somewhere?

Si

Some of the old merc's used to have the same set up but some had 2 tanks linked, one behind each seat, this allowed one to be removed for an LPG cylinder... why didn't Lexus copy that one!?

Talking of copying I saw a newspaper ad for the Ford Fiesta the other day. It's main "selling features" are powered folding mirrors and auto sensing lighting

Only 13 years late Ford my Celsior has them as standard in 1994!!!

is it anything to do with the US market only i was reading about the vauxhall monaro the other day & the earlier 04 models have bigger boots before they had to revamp the tank to go behind seats for US safety sumin or other. Sounded wierd but that's the yanks for ya ;) lol

Si

Just wondered as i know the seats are comfy & the boot looks massive from the outside but there's not really a mahoosive amount of space in it? Good dont get me wrong it just seems like the seats go way back, didn't know if there was any goodies hiding behind there? I saw in other post there's a sub somewhere?

Si

My boot seems big enough the wife always fits in there nicely :unsure:

I have a custom build for 15" sub in place of the original, and still fit a baby buggy and a full weekly shop in there... are you a hitman and need to do muliple target hits or smething?

Go for a 7 series, you could fit at least 3 bod deddies in there!

If you think the boot's small on the LS wait until you see the boot on the GS300, great space inside but a boot the size of a Micra's !!! Totally useless for a pushchair let alone the double one that I have for my kids !!!