Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

well i turned this on. so that only the drivers door unlocks when i touch the handle.

But for the life of me I can't get back to how it is by default - all doors unlocking.

Anyone know the magic touch?

Our Nissan has this same feature, ad the handbook describes how it's done. I followed the same procedure in the Lex and it worked...just another easter Egg...why oh why they expect you to take the car in for this is beyond my comprehension...

Sit inside the car - Ign ON (engine off???), hold the Lock and un-lock buttons down together for 5 seconds and the car bleeps...

I believe it's the same to switch it off back to normal too...but haven't tried that yet!! It certainly is in a Nissan...

Try it. I prefer the Hijack feature, 'cos it means that if I'm alone in the car, and forget too lock the car as I drive away (don't go there...) no one can get into the passenger side or rear to hijack me...

If you unlock the car from the passenger handle, all doors unlock.

Sit inside the car - Ign ON (engine off???), hold the Lock and un-lock buttons down together for 5 seconds and the car bleeps...

I just tried this with ACC and IGN-ON and it didnt work. No bleep however if you hold it for this long the lights on the fob do flash 2 or 4 times, however I have no idea what these flashes mean.

I just tried this with ACC and IGN-ON and it didnt work. No bleep however if you hold it for this long the lights on the fob do flash 2 or 4 times, however I have no idea what these flashes mean.

Hold the key fob inside the car...Lock/unlock the doors and have go with the Ign OFF

I tried various different combo's and one clearly worked...I was so chuffed I daren't try and reverse it...!

...no one can get into the passenger side or rear to hijack me...

But in reality how likely is this? I know you had one bad experience but this is a relatively rare crime. And at the end of the day if someone wants a car that badly there are other ways to get your keys off you. I say let em have it, your life is worth more than a mere car.

You are rights - it's rare, but lightning would strike me every day if I was outside in the rain

It's happened twice in London, once to the passenger side front (probably to fish for "her" handbag) and once in the back, where my son was asleep in the baby seat (yikes), and I'm not worried about the car at all. It's more the wife and the kids, who could be in the car and get hurt...

Not forgetting the time when someone crossing the road in Birmingham whilst I stood at the lights had a go at opening my boot and then kicked the rear bumper when he couldn't......not that it would happen in the Lexus...

You are rights - it's rare, but lightning would strike me every day if I was outside in the rain

:lol::lol:

It's more the wife and the kids, who could be in the car and get hurt...

Yes I understand, although having neither is probably why I can afford an SC! :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links