Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi,

On all the other cars i've had when locking the doors with the remote the car always beeped, however on my Lexus it doesn't. Majority of the times I am having to watch for the flashing indicators to make sure the doors are locked and then sometimes manually checking. Is this an option that can be turned on/off ?

I have never had a car that beeps when the doors are locked and to be honest I would find it annoying! I lived next door to a guy whose car said, very loudly, "System Armed," and "System Disarmed" every time he locked and unlocked the car. Luckily he didn't stay there very long.

The car beeps if any of the doors are left open by mistake when you try and lock it. Actually I am thinking only my SC did this, the IS beeps when you try and open or close the windows with the key fob.

I lived next door to a guy whose car said, very loudly, "System Armed," and "System Disarmed" every time he locked and unlocked the car. Luckily he didn't stay there very long.

Now that would be so annoying. I remember in my youth a rich kid got a new BMW at the age of 18 at college and his car would tell people they were to close and to step away :shutit:

....Luckily he didn't stay there very long.

What did you do to him :question::whistling: :shutit:

Dunno if it has an audible alert, but I somehow doubt it will. The last time I had this was on my Moss MS707 alarm... :blush:

Boy it was fun in those days, many an afternoon spent tinkering with interior sensors, making it as a neat a job as possible......'cos not many cars had alarms as standard, so you always ended up fitting one yourself...

I lived next door to a guy whose car said, very loudly, "System Armed," and "System Disarmed" every time he locked and unlocked the car. Luckily he didn't stay there very long.

Now that would be so annoying. I remember in my youth a rich kid got a new BMW at the age of 18 at college and his car would tell people they were to close and to step away :shutit:

LOL! I have seen and heard those kind of alarms. And they always have an American accent - "Please step away from the car!" Sometimes it's fun to get close to the vehicle just to set it off! :P :D

LOL! I have seen and heard those kind of alarms. And they always have an American accent - "Please step away from the car!" Sometimes it's fun to get close to the vehicle just to set it off! :P :D

:D :D :D