Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

An Apology And A Few More Observations

I just thought I would pop over. As an IS200 owner having previously sampled a 220D for the day I made a few remarks about that fact that i couldnt believe someone had purchased one of these cars with their own money. :shutit:

Well Ive got the IS220D 'again' and having driven it for a few more days Ive got some further observations.

Performance: It takes some getting used to but is not really that bad. Ive mastered the 'pullout in a hurry in front of oncoming traffic and im going to die scenario' by getting the revs up. Indeed, ive found that giving it some right foot helps the beast around town nicely..on the motorway its a dream..however the thing really doesnt want 6th until 90 does it :unsure:

Also you need a decent trigger finger with that cruise control as the gearbox is set up rather strangely.

Clearly the engine is still tight with 5k on the clock and I cant help but think that the tightness of the unit is actually working against the general user experience in the early stages until the user gets used to the car.

Indeed it takes a good couple of days to appreciate that this thing actually works...I dont do many miles but clearly it fits a purpose.

This vehicle has a loud rattle in right pillar over bumps.....also the shaky rear mirror thing was unsettling at first but got used to it and had a little chuckle having read posts on here.

Theres not many of these around my parts but clearly it turns heads,the family love it, the wife wants one :ohmy: and to be honest im tempted to test drive a petrol version.

The climate control is spot on without being intrusive (no gale force 8 in your face), the sat nav and general display plus zillions of gadgets are immense. The sound system is unbelievable,full leather seats (with the enhanced leather smell :winky: ,rear camera (what do those lines mean?) the whole cabin experience is actually quite excellent.

My point is that if anyone is looking to buy one of these or lease / company vehicle etc...give it a chance,drive it for a few days and perhaps make it work for you.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links