Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All, This Is What Ive Now Got

My brother-in-law bought himself a brand new red 2 litre 156 Veloce for 20 odd grand. It was a reliability nightmare. New drivers seat (leather split), new electrics (abs went wrong)... the list continues. The dealership service was totally crap. He sold the car when it was 18 months old for 7 grand. ouch!

On a more positive note - the Alfa has to be one of the beautiful looking cars on the road today! sod the customer service, reliability, or residuals - it looks and drives great! :D :D

(Couldn't bring myself to buy one though)

Well the dealer I bought it from is great, I blows away supercharged Is 200, it out handles them by miles, yes its not jap, but how many guys have had problems with their lex ( gearbox, wheels, paint, corrosion, brakes), its all in moderation, clarkson loves the V6 engine. Grim no I do not wish I had my lexus back.( ur still the same talk the talk but you would probly cry like a baby if i asked you to walk the walk)

There have no been many problems on the Alfa owners club site, about the same as any car. and well residuals do an auto trader search for IS200s lots around the 9/10k mark,

You are all happy with your cars, I am happy with mine.

Its nice to see the friendly atmospheric side of the club again.

cheers guys, and gals, chris and I may pop in to you at jae, may do some BBQ ing, you never know, I see a lot of you are modifying lots, kool keep it going.

Enjoy your wheels, have seen lots of IS200,s down here but none with club stickers, will try and enrole them for you.

Chow, enjoy and live life to the full.

Playa no I do not wish I had my lexus back.( ur still the same talk the talk but you would probly cry like a baby if i asked you to walk the walk)

There have no been many problems on the Alfa owners club site, about the same as any car. and well residuals do an auto trader search for IS200s lots around the 9/10k mark,

You are all happy with your cars, I am happy with mine.

Its nice to see the friendly atmospheric side of the club again.

hang on, what have i done?? i aint even said anything :angry:

oh yeah and nice car by the way. always liked the Alfa 156's especially wit the big spoiler and the crazy nuvola blue colour

also the rear door handles being hidden are an ace idea again, makes it look like a coupe.

which engine you have in it??

mitch

I used to have a 155, dropped on its aris with big wheels, would out handle the lex 10 million times, had an integrale too, that was a monster. (and it had 140,000 miles on it and started every time, killed tyres, but it was very low)

Passion man! Passion, is something the japs just dont understand, not even skylines have even an ounce of feeling.

You know when you're driving an italian car, you have a smile on your face!

Why did I buy a lex? itchy chequebook finger coming on, I think I'm getting sick of it (having a tramp screw it up didnt help :sad: )

Cuore Sportivo!

I wonder how people would quantify 'feeling'? I owned a Skyline GTR33 V-SPEC for a year. While styling is not everyone's cup of tea, it was an awesome car to drive! I guess the same would be true if we asked which actresses have 'class'.... ;)

adeyb - it is fair to say that it is each to their own.

I (with fond memories of old Alfas) test drove the 156 a while back (about 18mths) and was really really disappointed. It looked very special, I liked the interior (although I knew it wasn't built to last) but the driving experience IMO was quite staid. Just didn't live up to the promise. I thought the chassis was uncomunicative, it understeered too much, and the engine just wasn't as tuneful as Alfas of old.

Yet the car that I have driven and felt the most passion - a car that is built on a rolling chassis in a factory that at the time only built this one model, and all engineers had to have worked for the company for 10 years...... a true accomplisment of passion - a Jap car! (My NSX)

Oh - Integrale ..... v. nice!!!