Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New 1st Time Lexus Owner (almost)

Einstein

Hi Guys n Gals,

I have decided to buy another car, and this time opted for a Lexus GS 300 SE on a 53 plate, with Navigator and Levinson Audio.

Previously owned many Mazda's and have been extremely happy with them. current one being a 92' 626GT 2.5V6.. rumour has it, only about 30 left in the UK... as very few were sold in the 2 years they were available.

I am one of the Moderators on MX6.com, a worldwide club mainly for the Mazda MX6 coupe's, so pretty well used to forums, and the like.

Anyway, I hope to be picking up the GS late next week, and look forward to a bit of luxury in my "old" age :)

I have plenty of mods on the 626, but want to leave this car as std as possible.. but might have a few small tweaks on the cards..

I did fancy an LS, but the wife said it was too big.. and I have to admit that stood at the side of one, they are...

After a fair old barney with the missus, "WE" agreed the GS would be more suitable.. but one day, I will have an LS.

I have owned the 626 for 11 years, and only had one breakdown for a common fault (ignitor) and other than that, it has never failed on anything electrical, mechanical or MOT's... regular servicing and consumable items is all it has had..

I hope the Lexus will fair just as well, and I have no reason to believe otherwise.

John

Hi, and thanks for the kind words..

The colour is a dark pearlescent blue where the sun hits it, but looks almost black otherwise.

On another note, it doesn't have parking sensors installed (as yet) but I have ordered a set of 8 from good "ol" eBay for £28 inc postage.. so I suppose you can class this as the first "tweak" mentioned above :)

No pics as yet..... not got it !

But here are a few from the dealers pages.

lexus.jpg

lexus1.jpg

lexus2.jpg

lexus3.jpg

lexus4.jpg

John

Has a fair few stone chips on the bonnet, but all touched up ok... which is proof of the high motorway mileage... but it does have full service history...

alloys are a bit kerbed/corroded.. although I've been told all lexus wheels go the same way..

The leather is superb... nice and soft :)

John

Hello All. Just a comment by experience. I have had both the GS and the LS. In my view the LS is not all that bigger than the GS , but in terms of looks neither can the GS nor can the LS430 which's rear looks too much like the old S class, the Mark 4 in the right colour combination , condition and some proper wheels is a cut above the rest and the drive from the V8 vvti , is obviously a lot better with same economy. Just copy and paste this link of my LS pictures with SC430 Chrome wheels, enjoy and think again . Have fun, Jai.

http://photos.orange.co.uk/shared/browse.h...27&page=all

Hi There..

Picked the car up this afternoon, and first impressions were it's very comfy, but felt a bit strange on the road.. some idiot pulled out, and I put my foot on the brake, and my left one hitting the floor with the abscence of the clutch :rolleyes:

After a few miles in heavy traffic, it was growing on me... eventually becoming to a point where I felt like the President being wafted along in the lap of luxury...

Yep, I like it a lot :)

John

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links