Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thanks for the replies to my q, about ls400's , Has helped me make my mind up to buy a lexus. However have been told also to consider a GS300.

Any thoughts which is better to own/ run and the more enjoyable ?

thanks.

slightly better MPG if you trade off 2 cylinders...

The back end of the older shaped GS is a real nice design but the front is a bit bland. The GS300 sport with those 18" rims is a nice model, doesn't quite have the 'presence' of the LS though.

slightly better MPG if you trade off 2 cylinders...

The back end of the older shaped GS is a real nice design but the front is a bit bland. The GS300 sport with those 18" rims is a nice model, doesn't quite have the 'presence' of the LS though.

Thats what i think, just needed to be told lol. The frt of the gs is very euro sedan looking, If im going to get a lexus i mightn as well get my 1st chioce. cheers, next post should be after ive bought one lol

• 3 months later...
Thanks for the replies to my q, about ls400's , Has helped me make my mind up to buy a lexus. However have been told also to consider a GS300.

Any thoughts which is better to own/ run and the more enjoyable ?

thanks.

LS400 More enjoyable!

There's a scene in 'Ghost Dog' where he 'boosts' a nice Black GS300.....

BUT, from old posts on here in my memory, people say the LS is a step up in both power AND quality of finish.

You'll love an LS!! (Once you get used to it feeling it's the size of a boat!!)

if you change your mind i know of a nice gs300 sport thats for sale good value to :P ,both great cars .I would drive both first as they are very different to drive .petrol consumption is very different to as you will average 26 mpg with the gs and will struggle for 20 in the ls .as for performance there will not be a lot in it apart from the corners were the gs300 sport will be stiffer . good luck

hi guys, this was my post from ages ago when i was about to buy. Have since bought a very nice mk3 ls400 as chris can confirm (its a lot cleaner now chris as ive had a few weeks to tidy up lol ). I never test drove the gs but love my ls4. It is a bity of a land yacht as ive found out when trying to park, but i love it. Has great road presence and gets looks all the time as not a common car down here. Id recommend one to anyone.

cheers steve.