Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well, mine is in today to have a few niggles looked at.

What I have is an SE, '07, 220d in Dark Blue as a courtesy car!!

No MM and the car feels like a poorer cousin - anyone reading this without MM on their car may find this a tad "offensive", but the new generation of Exec cars really need to have a widescreen Satnav etc. I know that Tomtom/Garmin make excellent units, but that's not the point!! It's like not having electric windows now, IMHO, and the car feels bare!! The LED type centre console is a bit wierd to look at after peering into the excellent TFT screen on the MM...

Not a rattle or squeak to mention - so this is the first "perfect" new IS that I have driven, and this is the 5th one (plus mine)!! It gives me a lot of confidence...that may be Lexus have ironed out al of those niggles...

The engine seems to pull a little cleaner than mine, less Flat spotty, but the ride is quieter - no doubt. Even my kids commented on that - when we got out of the car we noticed that the car is shod with Dunlop Sport max's - defo a quieter ride compare to the Potenza's by some degree!! I checked the tyre pressures out ofinterest, ad it is 41 at the back and 36 at the front, same as I have mine!!

The Economy is spot on with mine, averaging high 20's in the sort of town conditions mine would average that over too - so that's pleasing to know as well.

The engine feels smoother and creamier than mine, not rattly at all. I know that no two Cars are identical, so that's cool, but this one has a peach of an engine!!

If this car is a representative example of the '07 MY's, then I think it's excellent and anyoe wanting to buy one should go ahead!!!! It's superbly refined and no rattles!!

Nope, just the Midlands worst!! Whereas mine would creak at even the sight of a divet, this one is as quiet as can be!! Like I said before, recently, mine has been rattlig and creaking even when taking corners.

On a slightly differet note, I sat in the LS460 today. Very impressive until you press the Satnav surround...for a car costing £71+k OTR, the creaks were totally unacceptable!! For that alone I wouldn't buy one...as nice as it was!!

It's defo a personal choice, but having driven both, I would say I'd rather have the MM.

£2000 for Satnav takes me back to 2001...but actually add to that Satnav a fantastic rear camera, MLS, 14 speakers, Bluetooth, Voice Recognition...all of these things make it more of an Exec car, especially when more than half of the new orders taken by BMW for the 5 series have the Media pack, which is just over £2k for Bluetooth, Satnav and Voice Rec...so overall it's actually not bad for the money...Still squids in compared to a 3 series beemer 325SE (or 320dSE)!!

If this car is a representative example of the '07 MY's, then I think it's excellent and anyoe wanting to buy one should go ahead!!!! It's superbly refined and no rattles!!

hope ur issues get sorted finally! i think those dunlop sport max's are the new dunlops..saw them tested in autoexpress in a recent issue.

stupid ? but was does "MY's" stand for? :)

The Lexus MM is excellent BUT I put my money on AUTO & HOSHI's because,in my experience,when you really use the Sat Nav "on Business" the Screen is never used as the sexy voice is all that is needed/wanted to take you to your destination!

I do miss "Her" but am happy to save £2700 & "installed" Bluetooth Connectivity for £80 & my Std. 13 Speaker Audio System is very good indeed.

The Auto V6 makes the IS,any other derivitive,dilutes the Dream!

Tel :driving:

I had a similar experience but with other features.

I drive an IS250 (petrol) without the MM, and got an IS220D (Diesel) without the MM as a courtesy car.

I couldn't believe the difference. I kept hearing how much better diesels were these days, and wondered if I'd made the right choice in getting a petrol model.

All doubts were instantly cast aside. The diesel is A LOT louder at low speed. On the motorway it wasn't too bad, but around town it was totally different...no chance of mistaking it for anything other than a diesel car!

The acceleration was very fustrating too. I put my foot to the floor and nothing happens for almost a second, then I get a little acceleration....suddenly I get massive acceleration (more than with the IS25) but it lasts for maybe 2 seconds and dies off......change gear, and now I have a repeat...waiting for a second for the car to react to my foot.....etc. While it was faster than the petrol when accelerating, the waiting at each gear change made it overall much slower, and more "jumpy".

And I can now see what you all complain about with the rearview mirror! I can't believe it's as bad as it is! And yes I understand now why you complain about the 6th gear! Put your foot to the floor in 6th gear at motorway speeds, and the not only do you feel the vibration through the car, but you'd think the mirror is about to fall off!

Also I noticed...the lack of double exhausts at the rear! :crybaby:

Oh and very strangly I noticed that the diesel didn't have an auto function for the fresh air vents!! The petrol model allows an auto function, which lets fresh air through the a/c system, but changes to recycled air as soon as it detects pollutants, and returns to outside air once it has cleared. Work extremely well.

It really did feel like a totally different (inferior) car. I won't be changing my petrol for a diesel anytime soon...MM or not ;)

Oh, and I have an 07 model...and it does have rattles...all the usual ones. Centre concole speaker...driver side airvent, and passenger side windscreen creaking as car warms up. In fairness Lexus seem to have fixed most of them.

Colm

There is one thing the petrol is missing and that is the VDIM. It may not be much of a nuisance to you in the UK and Ireland, but believe me when I say that it makes all the difference here up north. The basic VSC is a lot more sudden in its maneuvers.

And once again I must say that I'm getting a very persistent 46+ mpg with my 220d Sport. Haven't seen a petrol car that can match it in everyday use.

The engine seems to pull a little cleaner than mine, less Flat spotty, but the ride is quieter - no doubt. Even my kids commented on that - when we got out of the car we noticed that the car is shod with Dunlop Sport max's - defo a quieter ride compare to the Potenza's by some degree!! I checked the tyre pressures out ofinterest, ad it is 41 at the back and 36 at the front, same as I have mine!!

LOL - I swapped my Dunlop Sport Max for Bridgestone Potenzas and was convinced the Bridgestone's were quieter!

There is one thing the petrol is missing and that is the VDIM. It may not be much of a nuisance to you in the UK and Ireland, but believe me when I say that it makes all the difference here up north. The basic VSC is a lot more sudden in its maneuvers.

And once again I must say that I'm getting a very persistent 46+ mpg with my 220d Sport. Haven't seen a petrol car that can match it in everyday use.

VDIM is only available on the Sport Diesel in the UK - the SE/Base/SE-L have just VSC.

On UK's roads, 46+MPG is hard to get unless you get clear road and are patient :shutit:

Well my car is back now, and haven't had much of a chance to test the fix's, but the engine on mine is a bit rougher compared to the Courtesy car and more flatspotty still. The courtesy car had very lighht and smooth box, mine feels meatier but not notchy at all...

Overall teh courtesy car was very good. Still missed the rear view camera. Boy rear visibility is so poor in the new IS...

Anyway glad to have it back...if it rattles again it's going back in, this time to Lexus Technical!!

VDIM is only available on the Sport Diesel in the UK - the SE/Base/SE-L have just VSC.

On UK's roads, 46+MPG is hard to get unless you get clear road and are patient :shutit:

Well my car is back now, and haven't had much of a chance to test the fix's, but the engine on mine is a bit rougher compared to the Courtesy car and more flatspotty still. The courtesy car had very lighht and smooth box, mine feels meatier but not notchy at all...

Overall teh courtesy car was very good. Still missed the rear view camera. Boy rear visibility is so poor in the new IS...

Anyway glad to have it back...if it rattles again it's going back in, this time to Lexus Technical!!

We have the VDIM as an option on all versions except for Sport where it is standard.

It's not easy to get that MPG here either. You wouldn't believe the roads my Lex has seen. I mean seriously, you would not. But the traffic isn't that much of a problem :whistling:

I don't have the MM package. Want to know why? It costs 5900 € here, about 4000 £. And I practically never drive anywhere not already knowing how to get there. The ML would have been nice, but still not worth that much. Same goes for the camera since it has the sensors anyway.

Hope your rattles are gone. Mine rattles a bit here and there but it's no surprise on these roads. There is no such car that would remain silent for long here.