Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ever Had The Feeling You Are Being Ripped Off By Lexus?

Damer

OK this is going to be quite a long rant so I will set the scene.

5-6 Years ago I got a new job with a great car allowance. After being diss'd in Merc, BMW and Audi I bought a Lexus IS 200 S Nav. The staff were great and really understanding. I loved it my IS. Everyone thought I had arrived all was good.

I got promoted I traded my IS for another, this time an IS 200 SE Nav. I got the better seats, bigger wheels, better Nav. All was good. :shifty:

I got promoted again last year. This was a target my wife and I had always set being when I could buy an RX. I did. :blush:

I bought my used RX which I have been very happy with.

:tsktsk:

This is the rant start.

I had my car serviced in March. All is good except for minor things except wipers. But get the brakes checked again after another 3k miles.

I booked my car in today to get the brakes checked. They are checked they need sorting. No problem. Tyres are worn they need sorting no problem.

However the spare needs changing.

Hang on, I don't even know where the spare is?? I have never used it!!! I bought a used car that I thought was "good" but apparently the spare is now sooooo worn it needs replacing how does that work.

After a lot of heated debated in the dealership I am told they will look in to it.

The way I see it I was either:

1: I was sold a car with a defective spare (which I have never used)

or

2: The dealership switched wheels around to save me money when I bought my car but still put a defective spare in.

or

3: I didn't need to change my spare!!!!

The service people say they cannot vouch' for sales...............

I have lots to add to this having dug out my sales certificates and service record and leaves a very VERY bitter taste as I am considering trading to a RX 400h of a Cayenne.

I feel I am being ripped off!!!!!!

Gord it is Stockport. :tsktsk:

I have always had good service there and been a bit of a defender of them.

What hacked me off was the "I didn't sell you the car..... it had 18,000 miles when you bought it.." attitude of the service staff.

SORRY I HAD SPENT £28K on a car 12 months ago it should have a legal spare tyre EVEN IF I NEVER NEEDED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sooo much paper work to get them it is enjoyable. :shifty:

I am not one to be had. :tsktsk:

That's a really unfortunate thing to happen. The reason most of go to Lexus is because of the reputed customer service. I do admittedly feel a slight air of superiority to Merc and Alfa drivers knowing full well they get treated like idiots in the dealerships. The last thing we need is our own dealers bringing us to that level. Sorry to hear about your problems, I hope they're just an isolated incident and that they're sorted.

Keith

Gutted, i hope you said your peice to them when they told you and made them look like idiots! My feeling is that you had a brand new spare when you took it in for the service and for some reason they new that you had not checked and thought they could make a quick bit of cash from you.

hope you get it sorted, and for sure dont use them again

Your Q: Ever Had The Feeling You Are Being Ripped Off By Lexus?

Answer: YES! Everytime I ask a price for a part from my local Lexus parts department! :lol:

sucks but dont let one twit being lazy / trying to save some cash ruin ur view on a whole company over like 4 years or wot ever

i reken lexus is pretty mint over all but they cant control every dude working for them :(

Hope you told them that everyone on here is now aware of the situation and that we all await their satisfactory resolution.... they can surely ill afford such bad publicity? Also a copy to Lexus HQ, with the same advice to them too...?

They have said they will come back to me by Wednesday. I will wait until then before going to Lexus GB.

I dug out my Visual Safety Report from when the car was serviced in March. It said the spare had a tread of 343. So it was fine, so I wasn't sold a lemon if you believe that report and the RAC Inspection report from when I bought the car.

Amazingly though when it was checked this week a tyre that I have never even seen let alone put on the car had a tread of 041.

Are there tread eating pixies in my car?????

Well sorry to say my dealership has been very poor.

No response to my faxes, despite being promised that they would come back to me by Wednesday just passed.

So it has left me with no alternative letter is penned to dealership principal, cc'd to Lexus GB, my firms head of vehicles and my firms fleet management company.

At the very least I doubt my firm or the maintenance co will let mine or any other of our car be serviced at that dealership again.

Lets hope this gets a proper response and acknowledgement otherwise I might just got a get a Q7 or a Cayenne instead.

Im sorry but after the problems ive had I deal directly with the dealer principal and Lexus GB. I too was amazed to find that my 3 year old car had a worn spare?

why?

The car I purchased had 4 brand new tyres and was an ex lease vehicle. If Lease why use the spare? Clearly the spare had been snaffled from the boot to save money by Lexus.

THE SORT OF THING I DID WITH MY OLD ASTRA !!!!!! WHEN I WAS A KID WITH NIL MONEY!!

My worry is that if it is common practice to do this what else are they doing to save money :tsktsk:

Gord it is Stockport. :tsktsk:

I have always had good service there and been a bit of a defender of them.

What hacked me off was the "I didn't sell you the car..... it had 18,000 miles when you bought it.." attitude of the service staff.

SORRY I HAD SPENT £28K on a car 12 months ago it should have a legal spare tyre EVEN IF I NEVER NEEDED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I have sooo much paper work to get them it is enjoyable. :shifty:

I am not one to be had. :tsktsk:

Service manager Paul is a :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk: man. Used to work for some French car make B4 Lexus, i think that saying it all really :shutit:

The problems ive had with him in the past, you would think it was his garage.

The other service man Lee, is sound, will try to help you out (he did for me)

The only other is Colin in the parts :winky: sound, Fred the salesman, well he is a salesman :P

Yes, Lee sorted out the Err 3 fault I had with my CD player straight away and Colin in parts seems a nice guy and is helpful......

Never met Paul or any of the others - but I've Gord's experiences firsthand with Lexus Stockport and they are terrible!

Firstly the good point on Tyre rotation. Whether it has been rotated or not in teh past the spare was measured at 3,4,3 in March. It hasn't been rotated between then and July. In the year I have had it I have had to get one tyre replaced. I watched the local Kwik Fit do it and didn't rotate either, so if they come up with that as an explanation its a load of bull****.

I agree Lee is a sound guy, but he hasn't been there the past few times I have been in. What stuck in my throat was when I raised the point that Lexus Stockport sold me the car the response back was "Well I didn't sell you the car!" SORRY! YOU MAY NOT HAVE PERSONALLY DEALT WITH THE SALE BUT THIS DEALERSHIP DID!

A point that was totally lost on the service desk guy, its as if Sales and Service are trying to score points against each other. Ridiculas.

OK Hopefully my last comment on this issue.

After writing to the dealership principal cc'd to everyone (see earlier post) I got a response.

OK I am still not totally happy with the explanation, but I am happy with the result. A cheque for the the full cost of 1 tyre. £169 inc. the VAT.

It shows if you are not happy tell them.

Whilst once I wrote to the principal I got a quick response the whole episode has left a bitter taste, and put a huge seed of doubt in my mind for when my car next needs a service or I look to change it.

OK Hopefully my last comment on this issue.

After writing to the dealership principal cc'd to everyone (see earlier post) I got a response.

OK I am still not totally happy with the explanation, but I am happy with the result. A cheque for the the full cost of 1 tyre. £169 inc. the VAT.

It shows if you are not happy tell them.

Whilst once I wrote to the principal I got a quick response the whole episode has left a bitter taste, and put a huge seed of doubt in my mind for when my car next needs a service or I look to change it.

All in all. from way back to May 2004, Lexus Stockport have not changed at all :tsktsk:

Good to see you got new tyre out of them, but hay, you should not have had to do this in the 1st place.

OK this is going to be quite a long rant so I will set the scene.

5-6 Years ago I got a new job with a great car allowance. After being diss'd in Merc, BMW and Audi I bought a Lexus IS 200 S Nav. The staff were great and really understanding. I loved it my IS. Everyone thought I had arrived all was good.

I got promoted I traded my IS for another, this time an IS 200 SE Nav. I got the better seats, bigger wheels, better Nav. All was good. :shifty:

I got promoted again last year. This was a target my wife and I had always set being when I could buy an RX. I did. :blush:

I bought my used RX which I have been very happy with.

:tsktsk:

This is the rant start.

I had my car serviced in March. All is good except for minor things except wipers. But get the brakes checked again after another 3k miles.

I booked my car in today to get the brakes checked. They are checked they need sorting. No problem. Tyres are worn they need sorting no problem.

However the spare needs changing.

Hang on, I don't even know where the spare is?? I have never used it!!! I bought a used car that I thought was "good" but apparently the spare is now sooooo worn it needs replacing how does that work.

After a lot of heated debated in the dealership I am told they will look in to it.

The way I see it I was either:

1: I was sold a car with a defective spare (which I have never used)

or

2: The dealership switched wheels around to save me money when I bought my car but still put a defective spare in.

or

3: I didn't need to change my spare!!!!

The service people say they cannot vouch' for sales...............

I have lots to add to this having dug out my sales certificates and service record and leaves a very VERY bitter taste as I am considering trading to a RX 400h of a Cayenne.

I feel I am being ripped off!!!!!!