Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are All Lexus Around The World The Same Spec.

Neo 220d

Hi everybody need a little help.

could anyone tell me if the UK spec is250/220d is the same spec as in the USA as there are tons of brake parts and big brake kits available for these models across the pond. I would like to know if the vast aftermarket USA disks, pads and calipers etc can be fitted to my UK model without modifications. many thanks guys Neo...

pretty much so yes, they do not get the is220d in the USA

why do you want to change the brakes

The various non OEM brake kits will fit but you'll need to be careful with the big brake kits in ensuring you have clearance with the rims you have. The IS350 calipers and rotors (disks) are a straight swop for the IS250's, and presume the 220D. I returned from Houston this morning having intended to bring a set with me, but the local dealer I use there (Westside Lexus) didn't have them in stock and couldn't guarantee to get them before my flight back :sad: I'll pre-order them before my next trip...it's around £700 for front calipers/disks/pads. I enquired as to whether the backplate/dust shield would need replacing and was told 'no', but think I'll enquire some more :unsure: .

Matt..the IS250 brakes are pretty good but can be a bit 'grabby', the IS350's are a lot smoother in application...the new 350 pads that produce a lot less dust are better too.

Thanks for the info. Replacing the disks and pads because they are very worn and expect to get pulled on the next service in 4 weeks. would like to fit better brakes overall because i think they could be better. Had to fit full set of tyres today tho, got stopped by mr plod. Falken FK452 235x45x17 front 255x45x17 rear already well scrubbed in and haven't let go yet even on my favourite drift type corners. they even seem less noisy too so check them out i would recommend them totally and they are much much cheaper than the bridgestones and better in my opinion. Also i have sourced replacement Rossini disks which have a good write up so any info on these would be good. having trouble with the pads nobody seems to stock them although mintex web site does list them, so any ideas here would also help. ps got to take the cheap option because it seems i have another mini me on the way.