Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm considering buying a car for weekend playing. Does anybody here have one? what have you got? would you recommend it?

I'm looking to buy something for next year, trying to decide whether I want something hardcore like an Elise or slightly softer like an MX-5. Practicality doesn't come into it, it will be purely a toy.

I'm considering buying a car for weekend playing. Does anybody here have one? what have you got? would you recommend it?

I'm looking to buy something for next year, trying to decide whether I want something hardcore like an Elise or slightly softer like an MX-5. Practicality doesn't come into it, it will be purely a toy.

i have one...in fact two...the lexus and the starlet

depends on how much use it will get and what type of use

toys are great fun but do have a habit of becoming expensive

if they are going to sit there waiting for a sunny day, then taxing, insuring etc works out a bit of a waste of money

i say go for the mx5 cheap reliable fun, and i have one for sale :whistling:

I have the IS200 as a weekend car :)

Think you'd have more fun in an Elise/Exige than a hairdresser's MX5 :)

As Bazza said it can work out very expensive, paying the tax/insurance for only using it the 26 weekends we have that are nice :)

Tend to use the van(sprinter)all week and lexus eves school run etc ,then the audi TT of a weekend .another baby due in 7 weeks so both are going as TT will not take a baby seat in the back and the lex only has two diagonal belts .not sure what to buy answers on the back of a postcard please

For someone who already owns an IS250 ....... and suggested an Elise as a weekend toy, I don't think he is very bothered about running costs?

I'd say get the Elise / VX200 (turbo)

or how about an S2000?

For someone who already owns an IS250 ....... and suggested an Elise as a weekend toy, I don't think he is very bothered about running costs?

I'd say get the Elise / VX200 (turbo)

or how about an S2000?

Depends what you want to do with it...just to occasionally track it or join in with a racing class? I was looking for a Exige/Elise but decided I need something to race in historic sports cars classes, something like an Lotus Elan S4 or preferably a twin cam Europa like the one I used to own (why did I ever sell it :sad: ).

lotustm8.jpg

I keep the Aristo for the weekend car, use the Rover during the week

Keeps the mileage down the Aristo but still brings a smile to my face when I do take her out for blast around MK

the thought of a S2000 came to me today, i see it has already been suggested. Group 20 insurance might be hard to swollow. Budget wont stretch to a decent Exige unfortunately.

Running costs are fairly irrelevant as mileage will be minimal. Budget for buying is upto / around £10000

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links