Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Supercharged Is 200 Sport

Congratulations my friend. That's a very nice looking car and one of my favourites on this site (it's in my top 5). I think the clean white really sets it off and the discreet styling is a winner. Good job.

Keith

cheers mate, that's good of you to say. the white is a very nice colour if well looked after and deffo turns heads in the sun B)

Sorry to hijack, does anyone have a spare one of the compressor badges as i'd like one.

Willing to pay.

Stav

hi-jack allowed, but not twice :lol: :lol:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers for the comments guys.

@Gord, to be honest mate, the prolex one looks the bizz and if i can sort a way of fittiing it then i'm gonna keep it....it cost enough, lol.

if not, will sell it and buy the cusco one....any idea on price for it??

£65 + P&P Second hand mate :winky: i have one next to me. lol

give me a couple of weeks to see if i can sort anything for the katayama brace, if not, i'll have the cusco one off you after selling mine :D :shifty:

Hope that's not the brace you were holding for me, Gord? ;)

J

Yep, lots of people have said thay intrested in the brace, from many moons ago, some from B4 your intrest Jamie, but its still next to me unsold :winky:

I have said that it will fit s/c is200 with tte airbox, as one is fitted to mine, as ive also said, with bit of rubber to stop it rubbing, other than that its fine. (well is one mine anyway)

So if anyone is wanting one please pay and it could be yours :winky:

ps, NOT HAVING A GO AT ANYONE, JUST PEOPLE SAY THAY WANT BUT TAKE NO ACTION.

bit of an odd one........

today whilst driving home from work, i noticed that the car seemed to judder or feel underpowered for a split second when planting my right foot. It sort of jumped if that makes sense?

doesn't appear to happen over 3k revs...

any ideas??

Mine does that too mate, it has since I had it fitted. I don't think my first supercharger had that problem but I only had it for 40 miles before it broke so didn't get to try it out properly. It also seems very sluggish below 3000rpm but I'm not sure if my exhaust is causing that drop in power.

I had new Denso iridium IK22 spark plugs fitted with the charger so don't think it is to do with them. Wonder how Dave is getting on with those uprated springs?

Was wondering if it's something to do with the pre-cats getting lodged in the manifold or something but Rob has had his removed... will have to get mine removed soon. Quick question Rob - any lights on the dash to say there is a problem after the pre-cats are removed?

Mine does that too mate, it has since I had it fitted. I don't think my first supercharger had that problem but I only had it for 40 miles before it broke so didn't get to try it out properly. It also seems very sluggish below 3000rpm but I'm not sure if my exhaust is causing that drop in power.

I had new Denso Iridium IK22 spark plugs fitted with the charger so don't think it is to do with them. Wonder how Dave is getting on with those uprated springs?

Was wondering if it's something to do with the pre-cats getting lodged in the manifold or something but Rob has had his removed... will have to get mine removed soon. Quick question Rob - any lights on the dash to say there is a problem after the pre-cats are removed?

no matey, no lights at all.

i don't think its exhaust problems and i don't think its to do with spark plugs. my only guess would be bypass spring or could it be clutch problem??

Following a spirited :whistling: drive to Leicester, came back home with this little beauty....

P1010654.jpg

P1010655.jpg

Gotta say, Grahame Goode do have some nice bits and bobs in store, and i've left details of some parts i'm after so hopefully Glenn or Nathan will be able to source them for me at reasonable cost.

Don't know when i'll get round to fitting this, gotta brave myself for it i think as Stav's pics looked liked its a mini savage operation :lol: :lol:

Righty o peeps,

just installed the B & M quickshifter and man what a difference it makes.

I'd say about 50% less travel and it snaps into gear really well.

Reverse is no problem to engage either and it compliments the s/c really well as i presume you would lose less boost when shifting.

Highly recommended guys. and a bargain at that price too..... :winky: :whistling:

Righty o peeps,

just installed the B & M quickshifter and man what a difference it makes.

I'd say about 50% less travel and it snaps into gear really well.

Reverse is no problem to engage either and it compliments the s/c really well as i presume you would lose less boost when shifting.

Highly recommended guys. and a bargain at that price too..... :winky: :whistling:

Well done mate :winky:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

hey all.... im a virgin when it comes to IS200´s and this site.... I got my 200 in september, and its a standard sport... Ive heard soo soo many mixed views on gettin a supercharger, such as the "dodgy versions", engine wear.... etc... and when i contacted TDI they say they dont do them anymore... so where do i get one now, fitted??..... plus.... can u get it as a 1st upgrade or is there a specific order u have to or are recommended to follow?? Im sure u guys get asked these questions all the time... so i appologise if ur sick of answerin it... but u seem tell hooked up on performance upgrades so thought ud be a gud place to start....

Cheers...

Tom.

So, what's new on the car.....well, nothin as yet, but do have a little something i picked up on sunday (cheers chris for sorting it for me fella :winky: )

What's in the box??

P1010129.jpg

Oooooo, nice and shiny

P1010130.jpg

TTE Badging

P1010131.jpg

P1010133.jpg

Now i just need to get them fitted, lol and the geo re-calibrated once they've settled.

Looking into a couple of other bits and bobs, but may put them on hold until i go to the states in January (when i might buy the US IS car market :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Yummy :lol:

I agree with you though, I will be having my geometry setup soon as the springs I have are now bedded down.

Bet ya can't wait to get them on :)

Jamie

no, i'm really looking forward to getting them fitted as not only will the car finally be lower, but i've heard the handling improves significantly (and you need that with the s/c, that's for sure :whistling: ).

Looking at the pic of your car Jamie, it certainly has come up a treat with the split lowering set. I wasn't too sure how the rear would sit but it looks could. Mine should be a shade lower when its all fettled B) :D :winky:

• 1 month later...

well, its been a few busy weeks for all of us i'm sure, but i've managed to get the TTE lowering springs fitted, and am REALLY pleased with how much better the handling is. The body roll is virtually none existant compared to OEM springs and the look of the car is a LOT better.

This is immediately after having all the springs fitted. They will settle down over a few weeks and should sit a fair bit lower (esp. the rear)

P1010201.jpg

Also got a new little gadget for the interior.

An all singing all dancing Snooper Sapphire GPS Speed Camera Detector Unit.

Have just installed all the software and have an up to date enigma based camera location datalist.

Due to the internal Battery capability, there's no need to hard wire or ciggy lighter charge it. So its wireless and will be placed near A-Pillar me thinks.

P1010206.jpg

P1010208.jpg

P1010210a.jpg

P1010217.jpg