Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Supercharged Is 200 Sport

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i had may as well reveal my other little purchase.....courtesy of Mr Aztecbandit himself.......

What have we here....

P1010184.jpg

P1010185.jpg

Obviously needs sanding down and respraying in 051

P1010186.jpg

P1010188.jpg

Nice brand spanking new official TTE mesh

P1010189.jpg

Brand new and pretty rare TTE stabiliser bar

P1010190.jpg

its all go at the minute, lol!!

• 1 month later...

Bit of a delayed update as i've been snowed under with catching up on work.

PECO T304 Stainless Exhaust is now fitted (cheers chris). It looks quite OEM, but has a 4" inward rolled tailpipe. The sound is slightly deeper at idle, when cold, but has a lovely, non-intrusive burble when warm. When booting it, it compliments the s/c tremendously well. I've also noticed better torque lower down since this was fitted. Pulls like a train now :winky: :whistling:

PECO Exhaust Before Fitting

P1010239.jpg

PECO Exhaust (left) compared to OEM Exhaust (right)

P1010240.jpg

Fitted

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

Also thought i'd post soime pics of the parts i bought back from the states with me. I purchased some IS200/300 Hotchkis Sport Street Anti Roll Bar set:

P1010274.jpg

P1010275.jpg

P1010276.jpg

Also treated myself to a nice 2" Sunpro Mechanical Boost Gauge with back illumination:

P1010267.jpg

P1010270.jpg

P1010272.jpg

Hopefully fitting the ARB's in the next week or so, and the boost gauge when i have decided where to fit it and how i go about doing it (I'll be starting a thread on this at some point).

Cheers

Rob

If you do a search mate theres a few old old threads on how to fit the boost gauge, its a tad tricky area to work in, but it is possible.

But the exhaust looks good and the arbs will make the car feel so much better,

Stav

yea, really looking forward to the arbs being fitted. they're my priority at the moment. I'll get the boost gauge sorted in due time, but am a bit worried about tackling that to be honest, lol.

cheers for the comments guys.

all viewpoints and comments thoroughly appreciated.

rob :D

is it not advisable to drive the car hard with the charger having just been fitted?

I have the exact ARB's they are fantastic and money well spent! :winky:

what setting do you have them on?? the stiffest both front and rear??

Another quick update.

Had the car on axle stands earlier and fitted my new Hotchkis ARB's B) :D :winky: :whistling:

they look absoloutly fantastic and the build quality is superb.

I have them set so that the front is 61% stiffer than OEM and the rear is 227% stiffer than OEM.

Haven't took it for a spin yet, but will be heading out in an hour or so.

Got a fair few pics of the install that i'll post later on.

:)

Another quick update.

Had the car on axle stands earlier and fitted my new Hotchkis ARB's B) :D :winky: :whistling:

I have them set so that the front is 61% stiffer than OEM and the rear is 227% stiffer than OEM.

Gosh im in 4 a rite treat 2mora :D

Another quick update.

Gosh im in 4 a rite treat 2mora :D

yup, u sure are.

suspension is now top draw, engine is spot on, not much more to do really.

a few bits still in the pipeline, but the main power/handling is pretty much complete :D :D

yup, u sure are.

a few bits still in the pipeline, but the main power/handling is pretty much complete :D :D

Dont believe a word of it!! You'll have more mods i'm sure lol

Stav

yup, u sure are.

Dont believe a word of it!! You'll have more mods i'm sure lol

Stav

yea, too true i think stav :tomato:

Nice one Rob does that mean i wont be getting my hands dirty now then :( ?? :lol: Will have a look tomorrow matey and maybe take me for a spin aswell to see how the girl handles now if you dont mind?? :whistling:

aye, no problem chris mate.

I've took it for a couple of test :whistling: drives and its absoloutly amazing what a difference these have made!!! It really does feel like another car!! Its certainly going to take a little getting used to as there's hardly any body roll and I need to know what the cars new limits are before i start pushing them.

Seriously though guys, if you like to mod your car and are tackling suspension elements, then you've gotta get a set of uprated ARB's!! They are fantastic. Getting them from the states would be the best bet, as the price is half that of the UK suppliers and if, like me, you go for Hotchkis, you're getting one of the best suspension components on the market.

Happy Chappy :D :D

Anyway, on with some pics of the install:

REAR

Stock ARB Bushing Nuts well Lubricated

P1010323.jpg

Bushing Nuts Being Undone

P1010324.jpg

Bushing Removed (do this both sides and then CAREFULLY undo the drop link nut - 5mm Hex wrench through a nut, so be careful not the round the hex key centre)

P1010325.jpg

Stock ARB

P1010326.jpg

New Bushing/Mounts and Frame Spacer Plate (Apply plenty of quality grease to the inside of the bushings - some comes with the set)

P1010327.jpg

New Rear ARB

P1010321.jpg

Do everything back up and the Rear ARB is now fitted - I chose the stiffest Hole setting (227 % stuffer)

P1010328.jpg

P1010329.jpg

P1010330.jpg

FRONT

Much the same as the rear, but splash guard needs to be removed. Side splash guards may also be removed, although you can just get away without completely taking them off if you like.

Stock ARB

P1010331.jpg

All Bushings/End Links well Lubricated

P1010334.jpg

Everything undone as per the rear, and stock ARB removed

P1010336.jpg

New Front ARB

P1010332.jpg

New ARB Fitted - Again I went for the stiffest setting (61 % stiffer)

P1010337.jpg

Replace all splash guards, Check tightness of bolts (torque wrench at 25 ft/lbs) lower the car back down, and take it for a good thrashing :D ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links