Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch...!

Ok people...

I need some advice/help...my clutch is on its way out and I can just feel my car dropping in power :crybaby:

I'm in North London...does anyone know where to get a new one from and isit worth me getting a uprated clutch?

Can someone also let me know prices i've got quoted about £250 - £300.

I've never had to change the clutch before so does anyone have any advice for me?

Please... :question:

Ok people...

I need some advice/help...my clutch is on its way out and I can just feel my car dropping in power :crybaby:

I'm in North London...does anyone know where to get a new one from and isit worth me getting a uprated clutch?

Can someone also let me know prices i've got quoted about £250 - £300.

I've never had to change the clutch before so does anyone have any advice for me?

Please... :question:

Hi mate, im in the same boat as you, mine is on the way out and hopefully will be getting it done soon!

A new oem clutch through Prolex is about the £200 mark, from a dealer it will be more!!!! My friend found a place near me that sells a similar style clutch(not oem but another brand) for around £145. Im not too sure if i should go for the other one so im going to get an Excedy clutch kit from eBay, just over £200 and fit it myself with help from my mechanic mates of course!!!!

If you want the details of the guy selling the excedy clutch kit let me know!

Jason :P

Not worth fitting an uprated clutch if the engine is standard IMO.

As for prices it is about a 3 hour job for a garage. The Mrs IS had a new one a couple of weeks ago and cost was £260 fitted by a local garage.

Thought about doing it myself but decided that my days of dropping out gearboxes on the drive were over and it was worth £100 to get someone else to do it :lol:

Yeah that was my opinion too!

The thing is that I was going to get a supercharger fitted in soon so I was thinkin of gettin the uprated clutch...

so i think £250 for a London Garage for a OEM clutch is on point, any ideas on how much a uprated clutch would be?