Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Car Wouldn't Start! Help ! ! !

bashaga

Hi All,

I had problem with my car last Friday it just stopped in the middle of the road, eventually took out the vent(filter) and it was all right.

I drove back home and seemd ok, but next day morning tried to go to my friends ( without the filter ) and it didn't start at all!

It might have something to do with last week's flood as I was in it but it was working fine for the whole week after that.

The Battery is fine, there is fuel ...

The problem is that now I can take it to any garage is it wouldn't start. :tsktsk:

Any IDEAS?????

PLEASE HELP !

Did you get any warning lights when it just stopped on you?

Did it just cut out or "splutter" a bit and die?

It died almost instantly but there was a bit of "splutter" for few sec.

As for the lights nothig unusual, I have this orange "check" light all the time but it usually goes off when I am using high octane fuel.

As for the lights nothig unusual, I have this orange "check" light all the time but it usually goes off when I am using high octane fuel.

you should NOT have any check lights regardless of fuel you are using that is available from a petrol station - If you get a light when using 95 ron but not when using 97 or 100 then there is something seriously wrong.

I take it from your reply the check light has been there for a long time and you have chosen to ignored it??

The first step is have the fault codes read to determine the problem as you may well find the fault that triggered the check light and the car not starting are linked.

you should NOT have any check lights regardless of fuel you are using that is available from a petrol station - If you get a light when using 95 ron but not when using 97 or 100 then there is something seriously wrong.

I take it from your reply the check light has been there for a long time and you have chosen to ignored it??

The first step is have the fault codes read to determine the problem as you may well find the fault that triggered the check light and the car not starting are linked.

You can be right about that - my fault as I did what the previous owner said just ignore it :/

Can I get someone from Lexus to come to my place and check it? As I can't drive there!

What this "Check" light could mean?

No need to go to Lexus to have the fault codes read, a good auto electrican with a OBD2 reader will be able to read the fault codes for you.

Check light could have could mean a number of things, such as fault coil packs, emissions problem etc. Basically, you won't know what the check light means until you have the fault codes read. Recently, I had a fault code read by a local auto electrican, cost me £20, Lexus wanted to charge me £99!!!!

Get the fault codes read and post them up on here, someone will know what the fault codes means and how you can fix the problem, hopefully, cheaply.

Well, I have an electician comming in tomorrow for OBD2 check and I am about to find out whether I am lucky or plain stupid not asking about the warning.

Thanks for all your posts! It really helped.

I'll keep it posted.

Do you have any aftermarket exhuast, induction kits?

Might just be a dirty MAF sensor ....... I'd take a look at that.

Located on the intake pipe, just after your air filter housing box.