Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet again - slightly let down :crying: .

My car went in for the rattle fix (which has involved the removal of the density foam and replacement with proper factory packing top and bottom of back of dash) and 2 new corrding alloys. As far as the dash rattles are cocerned, the car is again totally quiet from there, but the vent they replaced rattled and bzzed all the way home!!

The rear NS wheel had a dodgy valve and let out some PSI every few days (tyre has no puncture) and I expected that to be replaced when the changed the alloy, which it was, along with the front OS alloy/valve.

Well my car now has two original whels, with the chrome shiny valve stems and 2 with replaced alloys and 2 new cheapo black rubber valves. What makes it silly is that these are at opposite diagonals of the cars, so each side has one shiny one and one black one!!

Is this the case with others on here?I would have expected the dealer/tyre place to have fitted what was factory spec - remember - this was warranty work on a brand new car!!

What is your view guys? Should I complain, or am I being petty? I already have a loose thread relationship with my dealer, and don't want to make it worse, in case I need them again...

Normally I would whinge like hell, but I'm truly fed up...

Should you complain? In a perfect world, yes. Are you being petty? Probably, you sound a bit like me, as the wife says, forget it, lifes too short. Don't get to a stage where you get stressed going to dealer, you may need an understanding ear some time in the future and don't want to be thought of as "that bloke who threw a wobbler over a couple of valve stems".

Mini's come with shiny metal dust caps, only a week old when wife went shopping locally and came back with two missing. I took the other two off and put them on my bike replacing all four with black rubber ones. My daughter's a teacher, she has a mini and hers were nicked at school, apparently kids like the look of them on their bikes, like me.

Well my car now has two original whels, with the chrome shiny valve stems and 2 with replaced alloys and 2 new cheapo black rubber valves. What makes it silly is that these are at opposite diagonals of the cars, so each side has one shiny one and one black one!!

What is your view guys? Should I complain, or am I being petty? I already have a loose thread relationship with my dealer, and don't want to make it worse, in case I need them again...

So they kept the shiny ones from the wheels they replaced...........?

I'd just give them a call and ask them to post the original shiney ones back to you as they must have just forgot to replace with everything else they had to do.

As you say, you don't want to burn your bridges over something small.

I do like my shiney valve caps though :whistling:

It's not the caps - the actual valves them selves. The car came with Valves with shiny chrome stems. The caps were nicked ages ago!!

Bugga...so you're just wearing the black valve caps then?

If so, it's a tougher call. I'd probably let them know, so they can log it, but leave the fix until next time it goes in for service or such.

I lost all 4 of mine when it went in for new tyres, didn't notice till afterwards! Are they essentially a trim over the normal valve or are they the valves themselves? Whatever the case, since having 3 sets of caps nicked I'm back to standard black ones now which look fine with the rubber valves themselves :crybaby:

I lost all 4 of mine when it went in for new tyres, didn't notice till afterwards! Are they essentially a trim over the normal valve or are they the valves themselves? Whatever the case, since having 3 sets of caps nicked I'm back to standard black ones now which look fine with the rubber valves themselves :crybaby:

Hi guys had the same problem with my nice shiny caps they soon disappeared so i spent £9 on eBay and got myself locking ones with the Lexus logo on them been on now for 3mths with no problems i hope they are frustrating the hell out of would be theifs :winky:

1 of my wheels started to bubble so i mentioned it to my Lexus dealer. 2 weeks later car was booked in and all 4 replaced. Before the car was submitted i removed my Lexus chrome locking valve caps and replaced them with the normal black plastic ones. I also removed the chrome valve stems.

I waited for my car whilst the wheels were being changed and on my return they had fitted 4 new chrome valves and 4 valve caps.

As apposed to before these are actually chrome valve caps which are 1 unit, my existing ones were chrome valve sleaves then the chrome nut.

I removed the chrome valve tips and replaced them with my Lexus locking ones and left it at that.

I just thought i would share this experience.

I've joined the corroded alloy club - I thought we'd left these behind with the IS200/300 :( I'll wait for the next service to get them changed and make sure I go out with 4 chrome valve caps.

On a different note my paintwork is really looking bad, stone chips all over the front, much worse than the IS300.

I've joined the corroded alloy club - I thought we'd left these behind with the IS200/300 :( I'll wait for the next service to get them changed and make sure I go out with 4 chrome valve caps.

On a different note my paintwork is really looking bad, stone chips all over the front, much worse than the IS300.

what about them flush valves ... they look like there is nothing to steal cos they are flat to the rim ..not had them meself but piccies look impressive..anyone any experience of them?

[.

what about them flush valves ... they look like there is nothing to steal cos they are flat to the rim ..not had them meself but piccies look impressive..anyone any experience of them?

Does anyone know where2 find these flush mount valves? Came across them once but cannot find them again. Will be changing the stock 17" rim s soon after i take delivery in about 5wks and would like2 have there assuming there is no prob with them.

Does anyone know where2 find these flush mount valves? Came across them once but cannot find them again. Will be changing the stock 17" rim s soon after i take delivery in about 5wks and would like2 have there assuming there is no prob with them.

Demon Tweeks amonst loads of other companies do them DT linky

Demon tweeks do them, i think halfords may do them also.

Any car shop should do them really.

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone had any experience with them??

Demon tweeks do them, i think halfords may do them also.

Any car shop should do them really.

Thanks for the replies. Has anyone had any experience with them??

Re-Murphy Jim,

I too have suffered stone chips although they aren't down to the metal. I also caught a black solid rubber post at a Mc Donalds drive through and cracked my o/s/r bumper lens. Ordered a new one but a nightmare to fit.

I have booked my car in at Lexus Nottingham (Derby has no bodyshop) and they are replacing the lens, sorting out ALL stone chips and painting and installing a rear boot spoiler i purchased from states. There is a very small dent on the o/s/r door also. My IS250 SE-L MM CVT AUTO is also super guarded.

This little lot is costing me £1,100. This wasn't the final figure but beleive it or not i received £250 discount from the manager.

With regards to these flush chrome valves, there are available at Halfords. I have also seen them on eBay. I don't like them personally but each to your own. :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links