Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

:d Altezza Rs200.

Hey guys I'm a newbi... and I just bought a Altezza RS200 and I just wanted to find out something.

Is the RS200 (A/T) much faster than the IS 200?

Also I'm getting the car with 17' inch rims (Black) and I would like to know if it will affect the cars performance (interm of speed and feel on the road).

P.S. Should have my new baby by tomorrow :lol:

Hey guys I'm a newbi... and I just bought a Altezza RS200 and I just wanted to find out something.

Is the RS200 (A/T) much faster than the IS 200?

Hi,

Not sure if it's faster/quicker than an IS200, but welcome to the club all the same. I'm sure that one of the guys will be able to tell you for sure the answer to you question.

Cheers......

actually real time, its not really that much quicker at all,

having owned both, i found the torque of the is200 better, whereas the altezza needs thrashing to get it to move quick

Real time the AUTO RS200 is faster because it's always in the right gear..... ;) very heavy on petrol though as your always accelerating, maybe just me...lol

torque in the Auto pulls lower down than a manual too... :P

actually real time, its not really that much quicker at all,

having owned both, i found the torque of the is200 better, whereas the altezza needs thrashing to get it to move quick

Monster-Mat you got any advice on how to improve the torque on the RS200 other than supercharge and Turbo?

7.2 altezza vs is200 9.5 0-60, And it does need a good thrashing to get the most out of the altezza!

AUTO (which he has) is slower @ 8.0 secs... this difference is definitely on take off as the auto is protecting itself...

Would getting an ECU chip installed make a big diff.. ?

Thats what im planning on doing, some people say it will add 30-40bhp, others say it will be minimal gains. Dont think anyone on here has done it to a normally aspirated Altezza yet. Im just trying to find somewhere thats reliable place to tune it in, as i will try and get mine mapped to the 104Ron biofuel that im using

Would getting an ECU chip installed make a big diff.. ?

Thats what im planning on doing, some people say it will add 30-40bhp, others say it will be minimal gains. Dont think anyone on here has done it to a normally aspirated Altezza yet. Im just trying to find somewhere thats reliable place to tune it in, as i will try and get mine mapped to the 104Ron biofuel that im using

When u get the chip, let me know what diff. it makes .... I may wanna do that also.

only the replacemnet ecu,s from TOM'S.

which is a re-chip at the end of the day, and they really only make a difference in Japan as they run 100+ ron fuel

Well im running mine on 104 RON biofuel at the moment so will that make a difference?

And at the end of the day, that makes very little difference to most people.

Not EVERYONE wants to change gears themselves, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Not to mention, the RS200 5AT has NOTICEABLY more torque than the RS200 6MT. Around town, 5AT > 6MT. And as proven on the circuit in New Zealand, 5AT can be > the 6MT there too. But now we're talking about different drivers... too many variables.

I choose manual over auto every time (unless your talking about a Holden), but that's just me.

Sean, might i suggest you look at intake and exhaust modifications, and perhaps a CAMCON controller. Many good reports on these types of mods for the Altezza can be found in these and other forums if you look.

the torque difference is the final drive gearing, if you fit the auto final drive to the manual, you will notice a possitive difference, however top end will be lower

mmmm... data i have is the RS200 AUTO has a final drive of 4.1, was the same on manuals until may 2001 when they were supposed to have been changed to 4.3...?

got this data ofa TRD website.... :unsure: