Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Little Bit Silly Question - Electrochromatic Mirrors

Yesterday, my left (passenger side) mirror was damaged by someone - the damage is small, but there is a metal crack (in about 2-3 sq. cm) :( I think it was a hit when someone was driving too close to parked cars.

Everything is working (i can fully control this mirror from my driver place), but today night i have noted that rear and right view mirrors automatical tinting works fine, but left - not (or at least it is tinted at much smaller level)

Actually, i do not remember how it was previosuly....

Should left morrow be tinted at the same level as rear and right mirrors? Or not?

Sorry for silly question - but this is my first car with electrochromatic mirrors...

BTW - as i can understand, lexus service center will insist on the full replacement of the mirrow (and it is not possible to order only metal case/frame separately)

Am i right? I'm pretty sure that it is possible to repair it (even aluminium can be repaired with argon autogenous welding)

Thanks in advance.

Should left morrow be tinted at the same level as rear and right mirrors? Or not?

Don't have them on my IS220d but on my IS300 I'm sure it was the same both sides. However, things seem closer in the drivers mirror so this might be why they look different when you get car headlights reflected at night. I guess the important test is whether you are being dazzled by any light that shows up in the left mirror?

Don't have them on my IS220d but on my IS300 I'm sure it was the same both sides. However, things seem closer in the drivers mirror so this might be why they look different when you get car headlights reflected at night. I guess the important test is whether you are being dazzled by any light that shows up in the left mirror?

Thanks for the answer.

Today I've done some tests using electric torch, directed to the sensor (which is located on the rear view mirror) (that was funny :) )

Actually, everything is working, but at seems that left mirror is tinted slightly less that rear and right one (and it seems that i'm understanding why - just because it is much more harder to be dazzled from left side...)

Definitely, I'll try to repair it instead of changing whole mirror.