Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yesterday morning I got in the car and it wouldn't start just clicked!! like the starter wouldn't kick in!! :tsktsk:

This morning The same thing happened only it took five "clicks" and then it fired up as normal ???

For the rest of the day it starts normal and runs great like it always has?? anyone have any ideas??

Please - Could the starter be on it's way out or could it be the Battery??? :unsure:

I have the exact same problem which started last friday. I had the Battery checked yesterday found it was not holding charge properly and not giving enough ooomph on cranking. Battery was changed today and the problem is still the same :angry: I guess I will be under the car at the weekend looking at the starter/solenoid :yawn:

Just a quick question, does the solenoid stop power to the starter motor until it is fully extended? With mine, I get the clicks most of the time, other times it will turn over but the cranking slows and stops, as if the Battery is flat. Would a dodgy solenoid cause any of these symptoms?

I had an intermittent problem on my Mk2 GS. Sometimes it would start and sometimes it would only click. True to form, every time I went to the garage it worked! Eventually I got Lexus to take off the starter motor and the power connections fell out! They replaced the connnections (not cheap) and he presto it has worked ever since.

Hi

Had the exact same problem on my MKII GS, after being told it was a low rated Battery by one Lexus dealer (I did have the correct Battery by the way) and then faulty a boot light switch by another Lexus dealer, turned out it was the starter motor and had to get it replaced. Cost me about £230, I think they just replaced the insides of the motor. Does not give me much confidence in Lexus!!

Nice one.

Mine has been perfect all week so wondering if the new battery I had just needed a good charge up in the car for a couple of days.

I had this getting gradually worse for months, it can come and go, in the end a new starter / solenoid from a breakers fixed it for £90 fitted.

Nice one.

Mine has been perfect all week so wondering if the new battery I had just needed a good charge up in the car for a couple of days.

I had this getting gradually worse for months, it can come and go, in the end a new starter / solenoid from a breakers fixed it for £90 fitted.

Yup, did it twice on Saturday and been fine again since. I did get a starter from the breakers the day after the Battery didn't cure the problem so it looks like I will need to change it over afterall.