Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why O Why?

Rikos

Why is it that Lexus are not on Top Gear??? :angry:

Well i've not seen any anyway so there may have been. :whistling:

But also when they are comparing cars in the class they always compare BMW, Audi, Mercedes and even Volkswagen but never mention Lexus!

Is there a reason for this or is it that Lexus are supposed to be secret like the NSA. :shifty:

I remember the Hamster reviewing the SC430 a couple of years ago, other than that no other Lexus has been tested on TG. I think the new IS was also reviewed, well mentioned when they were reviewing the new 3 series BMW.

Probably something to do with Lexus not releasing a new model every two minutes.

Dunno.......

I think the story was that Jezza doesn't like them :unsure:

I know Dave (Ellen) & Mat did question him on it when we all went to a filming a couple of years ago :)

I think the story was that Jezza doesn't like them :unsure:

I know Dave (Ellen) & Mat did question him on it when we all went to a filming a couple of years ago :)

Is that true? I thought he did actually quite like them, have always read pretty good reviews from him in his column in the Times (or whichever paper it is!)

I thought it might be because Lexus don't throw cars at them like the other manufacturers, so it would only be if Top Gear themselves requested it, that they would have them on the show............

That's the first time i have ever seen a Lexus on tv (Well on youtube taken from tv) whilst watching that i did feel kind of embarresed by what he was saying, i think everything he said about the Lexus SC430 was true, but to compare it with that horrible red expenisive Hyundai thing is wrong.

Now luckily we do not watch TopGear to choose our cars, otherwise we wouldnt have the cars we all drive today. You see the thing with Top gear is, i dont think they have many cars from outside europe or the states, I dont know why this is but it does seem to be the case, when we all know that the Lexus is one of the most reliable cars on the road.

I think it is good in a way that they have not reviewed Lexus on top gear because it means our little babies that are unique and different from most other cars will stay a minority on the european roads which in my eyes is a good thing!

From what I can gather....

Hamster and Clarkston used to really hate them. Said they were boring souless cars with no passion. Also the lexus engine despite being smooth were not exactly quick. The JD Power survey always rubbed there noses in it howeve - Lexus top for 5 years running! :D

May on the other hand quite likes the LS series (he proposed it as a future classic in one show before Clarkson shot him down) and he seems the most sensible one anyway.

Recently however the mood seems to be changing, the Top Gear Magazine has given the IS250 good reviews, and even Clarkson himself admitted that the best car he drove last summer was the new GS450h because its Congestion Charge exept and the engine. His column in The Timesalso highly rated the new LS and the RX (even if he does think its abit gangsterish).

I think slowly they are coming round......... :)

i heard that they thought Lexus were boring

and they are probably right :whistling:

take a BMW 3 series for instance

4 door, 2 door, convertible ,coupe, estate

2.0L, 2.5L, 3.0L OR 2.0L diesel, 3.0L diesel

and not forgetting the "M" range

Lexus IS

ermm......4 door saloon

2.2L diesel or 2.5L petrol

no sport version yet.....only taken 8 years to come up with it !!

previous IS

4 door saloon or estate

2.0L or 3.0L

hardly an exciting choice is it, take mercedes, audi, and its the same story

they say the new mondeo looks like an IS........... but i bet its got more choices :whistling:

I don't think they thought Lexus were boring because of lack of choice, they thought it because of the focus on refinement and build quality rather than 'driver satisfaction'.

You tend to get that when journalists are given cars for free and don't have to pick up the tab when things go wrong with them. Which is why Lexus are sitting pretty at the top of JD Power, and the likes of Clarkson's preferred cars (BMW, Alfa, etc, cars with a reputation as 'drivers cars') languish much lower down the list.

But after a stressed, crappy day at work, late in the evening, and facing a 100 mile drive home on a motorway in the pouring rain, give me a fat comfy armchair, decent stereo, and silky smooth engine and suspension any day. 'Performance' I'll get from the bike on a sunny evening or Sunday.

I think the reason why Lexus do not feature much on this show is clear,they, Top Gear are in the entertainment business its all about viewing figures period,

what do people want to watch more, a much larger percentage of viewers drive German brands and so this is their target market.

Personally i think the show is good entertainment but poor for information its gone too Big Brother,no i dont watch it.

i heard that they thought Lexus were boring

and they are probably right :whistling:

take a BMW 3 series for instance

4 door, 2 door, convertible ,coupe, estate

2.0L, 2.5L, 3.0L OR 2.0L diesel, 3.0L diesel

and not forgetting the "M" range

Lexus IS

ermm......4 door saloon

2.2L diesel or 2.5L petrol

no sport version yet.....only taken 8 years to come up with it !!

previous IS

4 door saloon or estate

2.0L or 3.0L

hardly an exciting choice is it, take mercedes, audi, and its the same story

they say the new mondeo looks like an IS........... but i bet its got more choices :whistling:

Fair point to Bazza.....Lexus to be fair are a bit to concervative.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links