Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have owned my IS220 (55 plate) for approx 24 hours now.. before buying i read a few things on here which nearly put me off buying one.. but this was the only one in my price range so took the risk.

Few niggles which i do not like about the car

1. pedals are not centre to the steering wheel.. kind of find myself not sitting right.. however, its still very comfortable and i dont notice it after a while.

2. that rear view mirror... i shall be replacing it with an aftermarket one.

3. 1-2 gear clunking.. definatly will be turning the music up more. Also car always seems to me idling in certain gears and find myself having to change down.

4. slow revs takes a second for it to build up enough revs. Must be heavy flywheel (wonder if these can be replaced with a lighter one?)

5. squeaky seats and rattle on the dash (will be back to dealers thanks to these forums)

however.. if anyone reading this is in the market for one then you should still seriously look at one (or at least an auto box)

I do find the the build quality of 99% of the car to be very good. Fuel economy is not too bad either. I came out of a mk5 golf and it is not that much worse. At the moment i am getting 36mpg around town.

things i love about the car

1. Music system is very nice... good sound quality

2. Keyless entry is bliss.. great idea.

3. seats and whole interior is definatly to my liking

4. Being a diesel the car is very quiet indeed. Sounds more like a petrol car than a diesel.

actually apart from the dislikes above i love the whole car :)

Hi and welcome - everything you mention is ditto'd by most. The rattles and squeaks are common on this car and can largely be solved, but they can return so watch out, especially as you have just over a year of warranty to run. Keep taking it in until you have a quiet car - and remember the come and go with temperature. So it could be worse in winter than summer and vice versa!!

PS - to clear up any ambiguity, there is no diesel Auto - which is the proverbial shame!! The Petrol Auto is a peach!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links