Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaky Shock

My car's in for a service at the moment, and just had a call letting me know that one of my rear shocks is slightly damp, i.e. it's leaking a bit

The replacement cost I've been quoted is £295.

Is this something I should just do, or can it wait if it's not actually leaking badly? Also is £295 a reasonable cost for a new shock? I don't really want to take it anywhere else unless there is a substantial cost saving.

Need to get back to them soon, so any quick replies would be much appreciated :)

hi mate got both my rear shocks from a place called www. buypartsbuy.co.uk for around £110 last year for the pair if i remember correctly. they were original equipment kyb shocks as i was told.

I agree buy new !!! But that sounds expensive. You could get coil overs for not much more

I hope the price is fitted?? and it would be for a pair of shocks. shop around most motor factors have them for the 100 pound mark

Cheers for the replies, I decided to leave it for now, as they said it wasn't leaking badly at all, so thought I'd leave it till it becomes important to replace.

Yep the price of £295 was fitted (and didn't include gold discount) but it was just for one, and even I thought it was a bit steep.......

And yeah, the main thing I was thinking was that maybe £700 might get me a set of coilovers, so £300 for one shock sounds silly!! Or was I being optimistic with the coilover price?

Cheers for the replies, I decided to leave it for now, as they said it wasn't leaking badly at all, so thought I'd leave it till it becomes important to replace.

Yep the price of £295 was fitted (and didn't include gold discount) but it was just for one, and even I thought it was a bit steep.......

And yeah, the main thing I was thinking was that maybe £700 might get me a set of coilovers, so £300 for one shock sounds silly!! Or was I being optimistic with the coilover price?

I think you can get Tein Coilovers at entry level with EDFC included for £700 mark !!!

you should never replace only one shock they should always be replaced in pairs.

Thats what i would have thought too and im surprised you can buy a single one? I wonder if someone lse has bought a pair and they have only fitted just one and there is still one left over???

you should never replace only one shock they should always be replaced in pairs.

Oh, then maybe it was for a pair - they just said one was leaking and would cost £300 to replace.

They didn't say it would mean replacing a pair, so assumed it was only for one. I'll check with them next time it goes into the dealers.......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links