Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Headlights On The Continent

I have an IS-250 with the all dancing all singing moving headlights. How does one adjust these for Continental driving? There do not seem to be any marks on the light covers for aligning blanking tape. Or do you just turn off the swivel with the satellite switch?

Any advice welcome on this one please.

John

Travel on the Continent regularly & have never had an issue with my lights as std.i.e. no flashing from on coming cars etc.

Tel

From a legal perspective, if you are stopped you have to show you have adjusted your lights for the continent... otherwise you'll get a huge fine.

If there is a switch in the headlight to change the sweep, flick it, either that or spend a few quid on the stick on's from halfrauds - they even tell you where to put them ;)

Fidgits correct.

Go to www.travel-spot.co.uk This site tells you the legal requirements whilst driving on the continent.

Got some beam adaptors from Halfords last year. The instructions, dated June 2006, detailed how to fit them to 100's of different cars. There were lots of Lexus models listed but not the IS 250. Perhaps it has been updated now.

Ghm...

I was talked with my official Lexus dealer representative...

He is insisting on that I'm not required to install any beam correctors just because i have installed automatic headlight correction system (which is installed only on SE-L model) (i don't remember the name of this system)...

May be it is good idea to contact head office of Lexus UK?

As my English is far from perfect - may be someone will wrote the letter (email?) to Lexus UK and ask this question? :)

Fidgits correct.

Go to www.travel-spot.co.uk This site tells you the legal requirements whilst driving on the continent.

Got some beam adaptors from Halfords last year. The instructions, dated June 2006, detailed how to fit them to 100's of different cars. There were lots of Lexus models listed but not the IS 250. Perhaps it has been updated now.

btw, www.travel-spot.co.uk things (i have purchased some one week ago) are really bad manufactured (cheap-chinese-feelings) - actually i do recommend to buy the same thing in another place... even Halfords is better.

Fidgits correct.

btw, www.travel-spot.co.uk things (i have purchased some one week ago) are really bad manufactured (cheap-chinese-feelings) - actually i do recommend to buy the same thing in another place... even Halfords is better.

Thanks shapa, I bought them from Halfords but are pretty sure the supplier was "travel-spot" as their website address was on the instruction leaflet.

Regarding the tatty ones you purchased, did they have fitting instructions for the IS 220/250?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links