Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Fc Turbo

trd altezza

I have one.

Not for sale.

Not installed.

But thats all going to change Friday <_<

Are you getting all sorted Am ? where are you taking it Thor Racing ? I know them boys have done some very very good work with the altezza engine's :winky:

Actually I have not heard of a PowerFC specially for turbo engines.. I believe it is just the normal PowerFC for SXE10 Altezza for 6MT. It does have other options available for boost control etc. Am I correct Mr.Singh???

I have actually installed a PowerFC reprogramme by Brash Boys of Japan specially for the Altezza 5AT and had a tuner from TRIAL Tuning Malaysia to retune all the settings for me. And the result was incredible...now I have very much better low torque response, have higher rev limit set and better power gain for just a NA setup. I can even cruise up a hill at 1500 RPM. On top of that, I did change to a higher flow OEM fuel pump.

One question Mr.Singh..I have been reading about yr inputs from other forums as well...why did it take you so long to have yr PowerFC fix to yr ride??? Some probs that you can share with us..???

I have one.

Not for sale.

Not installed.

But thats all going to change Friday <_<

Are you getting all sorted Am ? where are you taking it Thor Racing ? I know them boys have done some very very good work with the altezza engine's :winky:

Yup, TDi couldn;t help me, went there last Monday.

Thor will be mapping it on Friday.

Actually I have not heard of a PowerFC specially for turbo engines.. I believe it is just the normal PowerFC for SXE10 Altezza for 6MT. It does have other options available for boost control etc. Am I correct Mr.Singh???

I have actually installed a PowerFC reprogramme by Brash Boys of Japan specially for the Altezza 5AT and had a tuner from TRIAL Tuning Malaysia to retune all the settings for me. And the result was incredible...now I have very much better low torque response, have higher rev limit set and better power gain for just a NA setup. I can even cruise up a hill at 1500 RPM. On top of that, I did change to a higher flow OEM fuel pump.

One question Mr.Singh..I have been reading about yr inputs from other forums as well...why did it take you so long to have yr PowerFC fix to yr ride??? Some probs that you can share with us..???

Hiya,

There are 2 PFCs for the Altezza (4 if you count the late model ones) but 2 meaning, one for Turbo/Boosted engine, and one for N/A setup.

Brash Boys are very handy with the PFC, especially when it comes to making it work with the 5AT. The PFC is probably the best mods you can do on the BEAMS engine. You can tuned the VVTI cams far better than the Camcon allows you to, enabling you to adj both INT/EXH Cams, unlike the single cam the Camcon does. Ontop of that it disengages the E-Throttle so the response feels much better.

I've seen Dyno results of gains as big as 35HP+ from a PFC and mapping.

I had a obscure accident on my last motor which LED to me rebuilding the motor, then it needing a head gasket change after 3000miles, then just swapping out the engine for a new low mileage unit. Now the new parts have run in some (clutch mainly) its all good to go!

Thanks for the info. What I have seen during my search for the Power FC was just one type of the shelf. The rest are options. Before I bought the PowrFC, my other options were the HKS V Pro or the TOM's ECU. But both were more expensive and the parameters available were quite similar.

I totally agrree with you on the PFC being a good choice for a BEAMS engine. Though I have not Dyno my car yet..but I can really feel the difference when compare to a stock Altezza. I have just removed the down pipe with the 2 cat attached and fixed a pipe from RS*R and again the response have improved in the low torque range. By the way guys, I am keeping my car N/A...hehehe..so my next 2 mods will prob be changing the gasket to a high compression metal gasket (TRD) and port and polish the engine. And finally changing to a performance camshaft and campulleys from either TODA or TRD.

Any advice or suggestion Mr. Singh..??

:excl: I tried to buy the PFC #414AT010 for the turbo set up off JPS on eBay. Stay Well clear :tsktsk: . He is advertising as '3 available'. Once he had recieved my cash it took him 2 months to tell me that Apexi had administration issues and that he couldnt give me any definate time as to how long it would take. Giving it the usual it will be here next week. This went on for about 12 weeks. If they werent so hard to come by I would have cut my losses before then, his only saving grace is that he did infact offer me a full refund. But is still advertising as '3 available' as you read this!! :angry:

However, there was another one on eBay which I paid for and recieved within the week from Japan. This one is infact the 414AT006. This is for N/A Altezza. I have had it fitted but obviously with the increase in the volume in air from the turbo the PFC wants to shut itself down as soon the boost kicks in.

My Tuner (Calder Imports 'CRD') says that it requires a Map Sensor and Loom for the turbo application. As far as i can make out this is the 'Optional' Boost Control kit for the PFC. Which is apparently not available for the 414AT006. There is one for the SW20 and the 3sGTE celica. Would this work, as effectively I now have a 3sGTE???

Other than this could an OEM Map sensor replace the current MAF sensor and integrate with the PFC or do I need to cut my losses and keep trying to source a 414AT010.

Any ideas people?

:excl: I tried to buy the PFC #414AT010 for the turbo set up off JPS on ebay. Stay Well clear :tsktsk: . He is advertising as '3 available'. Once he had recieved my cash it took him 2 months to tell me that Apexi had administration issues and that he couldnt give me any definate time as to how long it would take. Giving it the usual it will be here next week. This went on for about 12 weeks. If they werent so hard to come by I would have cut my losses before then, his only saving grace is that he did infact offer me a full refund. But is still advertising as '3 available' as you read this!! :angry:

However, there was another one on ebay which I paid for and recieved within the week from Japan. This one is infact the 414AT006. This is for N/A Altezza. I have had it fitted but obviously with the increase in the volume in air from the turbo the PFC wants to shut itself down as soon the boost kicks in.

My Tuner (Calder Imports 'CRD') says that it requires a Map Sensor and Loom for the turbo application. As far as i can make out this is the 'Optional' Boost Control kit for the PFC. Which is apparently not available for the 414AT006. There is one for the SW20 and the 3sGTE celica. Would this work, as effectively I now have a 3sGTE???

Other than this could an OEM Map sensor replace the current MAF sensor and integrate with the PFC or do I need to cut my losses and keep trying to source a 414AT010.

Any ideas people?

Well its still the 3S-Ge you have, i dont think adding a turbo makes it the same as the 3s-gte which i think is the engine in the celica or MR2. you could sell ur N/A power fc to me and get another turbo version one from nengun.com

I totally agrree with you on the PFC being a good choice for a BEAMS engine. Though I have not Dyno my car yet..but I can really feel the difference when compare to a stock Altezza. I have just removed the down pipe with the 2 cat attached and fixed a pipe from RS*R and again the response have improved in the low torque range. By the way guys, I am keeping my car N/A...hehehe..so my next 2 mods will prob be changing the gasket to a high compression metal gasket (TRD) and port and polish the engine. And finally changing to a performance camshaft and campulleys from either TODA or TRD.

Any advice or suggestion Mr. Singh..??

Don't see the point of High Comp gasket.. maybe have a look at the TODA high comp stroker kit. If your going away from VVTi, have the PFC mapped, it trully optimises VVTi cams, it will feel like its boosted when its done the torque is vastly improved!

:excl: I tried to buy the PFC #414AT010 for the turbo set up off JPS on ebay. Stay Well clear :tsktsk: . He is advertising as '3 available'. Once he had recieved my cash it took him 2 months to tell me that Apexi had administration issues and that he couldnt give me any definate time as to how long it would take. Giving it the usual it will be here next week. This went on for about 12 weeks. If they werent so hard to come by I would have cut my losses before then, his only saving grace is that he did infact offer me a full refund. But is still advertising as '3 available' as you read this!! :angry:

However, there was another one on ebay which I paid for and recieved within the week from Japan. This one is infact the 414AT006. This is for N/A Altezza. I have had it fitted but obviously with the increase in the volume in air from the turbo the PFC wants to shut itself down as soon the boost kicks in.

Any ideas people?

PFCs are made to order. There are plenty of eBay sellers claiming they have 50 in stock ready to go. Its simply not true!

The average supplier should take 30 days MAX! to get one. Any longer... there simply pulling your chain!

If you have the N/A PFC, and a Turbo you will have issues, but you can get around it. The MAF will most likely max out on voltage... I know.. i am! but there are optional air intake options on the PFC to overcome it... Otherwise your looking at fitting possibly a Supra TT AFM sensor.

• 2 months later...