Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Keeps cropping up on the forum the recommendation to use drive the deal.co.uk.

Lets say I've used them to buy a new Is and the car was supplied from a dealership 200 miles away. After a short time I encounter all sorts of problems, not wanting to travel 200 miles I go to my nearest dealer. What sort of a reception will I get. Anyone had this experience?

Keeps cropping up on the forum the recommendation to use drive the deal.co.uk.

Lets say I've used them to buy a new Is and the car was supplied from a dealership 200 miles away. After a short time I encounter all sorts of problems, not wanting to travel 200 miles I go to my nearest dealer. What sort of a reception will I get. Anyone had this experience?

My IS200 Sport came from Lexus Guildford and was serviced by them while I worked in Leatherhead, but when I started to work based at home the car was looked after by Lexus Bristol, including a recall and a warranty issue, with no problems whatsoever. Both dealerships were/are excellent and I subsequently purchased my IS250 from Bristol.

In short you shouldn't have any problems buying from one dealer and getting work done under warranty from another. Someone form the dealerships will correct me if I'm wrong but any warranty work is charged to Lexus GB so it's revenue for the dealership doing it. :whistling:

You shouldn't have any problems Exiled, my IS 220d has broken down in the South East, the South West & the Midlands (twice) & each time the dealers have been very helpful although obviously the inconvenience is a pain. It's the car that's the problem, not the dealers.

Thank goodness that Lexus dealers have a good reputation on the whole, let's hope that Lexus manage to get to the bottom of all of the problems before all the drivers lose their patience & start to vote with their feet....

chinese whispers are that Lexus UK are offreing 2k discount on petrol models ,not sure which ones but could be se-l auto .

So could be some deals to be had with Lexus - I am in same position - just about to go down the contract hire route for my company car ,do I go the internet route or use a main dealer manufacture - they all say they will get very close to any internet deal but you have the advantage they say of buying from dealer -with service loan car (free) with the chance to try different models - blah,blah blah.

cheers

swager

DTD just quoted me £27307 for an IS250SE Auto +with MM with metallic, that's a saving of £3439. They have a special offer on an RX350 saving £5481, 3.5 litre OTR for £31k. As Jamboo says you don't have to put meaningful information in the name etc. ;)

I'm tyhe biggets fan of DTD. Used them everytime without buying a car from them...just use their price and get the local dealer to match it and give a PEX!!!PS - £2k off a petrol IS is nothing - just check out the DTD website...remember you can register with typo's to stop spam when asked!!!

Sorry Jamboo, forgive me, don't understand, what does, "you can register with typo's to stop spam when asked" mean?

DTD just quoted me £27307 for an IS250SE Auto +with MM with metallic, that's a saving of £3439. They have a special offer on an RX350 saving £5481, 3.5 litre OTR for £31k. As Jamboo says you don't have to put meaningful information in the name etc. ;)

Apologise to you too Steve ( West Mids), what does "don't have to put meaningful information in name etc " mean?

You shouldn't have any problems Exiled, my IS 220d has broken down in the South East, the South West & the Midlands (twice) & each time the dealers have been very helpful although obviously the inconvenience is a pain. It's the car that's the problem, not the dealers.

Thank goodness that Lexus dealers have a good reputation on the whole, let's hope that Lexus manage to get to the bottom of all of the problems before all the drivers lose their patience & start to vote with their feet....

Sounds like you've had a load of trouble. most complaints about IS 250's seem to about the diesel models. Are you wishing you'd bought a petrol or a different make completely.