Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Laser Gun Trap

I have been offered a laser beam detection device called a Zenon 950x pro which supposedly confuses the signal from a police operated laser speed detector or cash machine if you prefer.

This product is available from an outfit calling themselves ROADNET automotive and is endorsed, a little loosely,

My question is two fold, does it work and how effective is it.

is it legal.

I would appreciate any feedback from , I am sure, knowledgeable contributors to this board.

As far as I know in the UK, it is legal to own a device that detects the signals, but illegal to own one that interferes with them, i.e. "confuses" in their speak.

Tiger is correct and very soon the laser detecting ones will be illegal.

jammers will always be illegal and get you in trouble... mate of mine was followed and had his car thoroughly searched 'cos the cops thought he had a jammer, which he actually didn't, was a fault on their machine...

detecting ones are pretty worthless anyway... as the police already have you when it goes off.. :(

cant see how the 'establishment' can make it illegal to use a laser detector, after all, laser speed guns/traps are supposed to be set at accident black spots are they not, therfore you are simply using a devide to alert you of said accident blackspot.

If its not a blackspot then then its truly a speed trap and all this crap thats spoted by the police/goverment about camera etc being placed at accident blackspots because of accidents and not purly to make money is will be seen for what we all know it really is....money making..

If you are talking about jammers AFAIK they are not specifically illegal, I have seen them sold as "automatic garage door openers" that happen to jam laser guns as well.

However there have been reports about people being charged with "Perverting the course of justice" for using them.

If you are talking about jammers AFAIK they are not specifically illegal, I have seen them sold as "automatic garage door openers" that happen to jam laser guns as well.

However there have been reports about people being charged with "Perverting the course of justice" for using them.

That is the things, they are sold as something else to "pretend" that you do not have an illegal item. If they were legal, they would just sell them as a laser jammer. A garage door opener is a pretty daft thing to pretend about really, as you more than likely would not have the garage door that it opened, which would kinda prove you had it for jamming :whistling:

Ive seen these ones as well, if you do have a auto door on your garage then you cant be done for having it, but it you have it on your car with no auto garage door, think they'll look into it and give u a good spanking LoL

This is a quote from the Goverment; they have not yet to my knowledge actually made this law yet?

My own view is that lasers are hand held and mostly used in buiilt up area's. If you speed in built up area's you deserve to be fined...

"The intention is to ban the jammers and detectors through legislation in a Road Safety Bill. It is proposed that the Bill will contain prospective powers for the Secretary of State to make an order prescribing what would be illegal to carry and use in a vehicle."

"The speed enforcement detectors and diffusers undermine the use of all speed enforcement equipment. Their use allows drivers to believe they can speed unless alerted to the presence of speed enforcement. That would run the very real risk of reversing the trend in reducing those killed or seriously injured on our roads resulting in economic costs to the community."

"Should legislation be brought in, the road safety benefits are clear. The existing GPS systems can contain information including the location of all approved speed camera sites in the country and the speed limits that apply there. Providing this information to drivers can only improve the prospects of drivers amending their speeds in order to comply with limits at or near camera sites.

What these systems cannot do is detect the presence of a speed enforcement device as one is approached. This means that the police can retain the ability to enforce speed limits as a normal part of their traffic duties. We do not know how many SEDDs [speed enforcement detection devices] have been sold or are likely to be sold. We are confident that very few diffusers are now being sold. They have been found to be unreliable in comparison to the GPS systems."

"There is no difficulty with drivers carrying in their vehicles devices that inform them of the location of fixed safety cameras and cameras operating from mobile units. These have the same intention as the signing, visibility and conspicuity rules that form part of the financial scheme under which most cameras are placed. These devices operate currently under Global Positional Systems (GPS). They work by keeping the position of cameras up to date on a computer and identifying where they are in relation to a vehicle by use of a satellite. There is no intention to ban these.

"There are two other types of devices that we are seeking to ban. The first is the jammers. These devices prevent cameras from working by deflecting the beam issued by the camera equipment or preventing the beam from emitting. They are particularly dangerous in that they prevent speed enforcement cameras from operating and therefore allowing drivers to continue to speed past the camera site. Also contained within this definition are those sprays, materials, etc that obstruct the view of a number plate.

"We are also seeking to ban the carriage of radar detectors. These identify where cameras are by sending out a radar beam that detects the signal emitted by the camera equipment. There are two problems with these -

They can set off non-camera equipment such as automatic doors and may interfere with satellite TV

More importantly, the police have genuine concerns about the use of detectors. In addition to camera deployment within the safety camera cost recovery scheme the police also undertake covert activity and speed limit enforcement as part of their normal traffic duties. The fact that these devices can detect both covert camera activity and non-camera/cost recovery laser/radar guns could seriously effect their ability to enforce speed limits as part of their normal traffic duties."

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links