Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

FWIW I think that does sound steep - however does that price include 'additionals' like Brake Fluid change perhaps? I have found that some Dealers include the price of such changes into their price while others quote only for the job and then add on such additionals.

Just had a 20k service on my IS250 auto. No abnormal replacements but still cost over £370. Is this pretty nornal?

Albert

Thanks for your comments guys.

No, I didn't ask for a price first because I assumed all Lexus Service charges are standard. Oils were changed, including the brake fluid. I was rather surprised at a cost of £80 for engine oil, I thought the IS250 was designed to run on the 'cheaper' mineral grade oil?

Anyone know of an 'approved' garage in my neck of the woods?

Albert

Just had a 20k service on my IS250 auto. No abnormal replacements but still cost over £370. Is this pretty nornal?

Albert

hi clactonman,

did you go to the ipswich dealer?

i have a 220d sel from them, problem for people out our way (i,m in clacton also) is ipswich is the closest, otherwise a trip to southend or norwich, wonder if they would have been cheaper, if so would it have been more in fuel than saving on service.

anyone had a service at southend or norwich?

cheers

Thanks to all your replies regarding my 20k service, it seems to be Lexus' standard charge. It did include filter and brake fluid changes, they also collected my car from home and returned it same day.

I have to say though that I have no complaints against the Ipswich dealership who were most helpful with my trade-in exchange for my IS250 last year.

Cheers

Albert

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, I've just been quoted £300 for the 2year service on my IS250 auto. They also said the diff. oil change was optional and want another £55 for this. I initialy thought this was ok as it was a full service but having looked at the handbook, I now think this is very expensive - it only includes oil/filer , air con. filter and lots of "checks" ( it also states the diff oil change is required).

I still have one year's warranty to go and I expect to have to use it based on my experience in the first two years ( dash/seat creaks, air bag light, air conditioning motor...), so I'm going to have to pay this :crybaby:

• 2 weeks later...
Phone and ask for a quote first .........

I just have......£364 including VAT, includes oil filter, oil & brake fluid change, pollen filter change (not air filter).