Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hi guys,

i have recently got myself a 2003 (old shape) rx300. what parts do i need to make the sat nav work on the touch screen? where would the best place to get these parts from.

this is probably a FAQ and i did start to look through previous threads but i thought it would be quicker to ask.

any help would be appreciated

thanks....

Rog.

• 4 weeks later...
hi guys,

i have recently got myself a 2003 (old shape) rx300. what parts do i need to make the sat nav work on the touch screen? where would the best place to get these parts from.

this is probably a FAQ and i did start to look through previous threads but i thought it would be quicker to ask.

thanks....

Rog.

hi guys,

thanks....

Rog.

Hi Rog

I wanna do the same. If anyone gets back to you could you let me know as well

Ta

Toucan12

• 2 months later...

Hi there,

First check if you have the electrical system ready to install the cpu for the navigation. To check this, please take a look on the right side of the trunk, below carpet, if you have any connectors. To do it, you need to open the spare wheel cover, take out all plastic covers, and also the right side small box.

If you have the connectors, then everything is easy, if not, you should make the connection by yourself, and I do not recommend if you are not familiar with car electrics. Also have in mind that you will need to take out almost half of the dash & the central console. Even more, the installation of the voice features is even more difficult, as the amplifier is located under the back seat, and the connections should be make directly to the amplifier. Therefore, you will need to take out the seats, and this is something that take time, and it is not easy.

My car went out from factory with the sat-nav screen (touch) but without the Nav system installed. Means that everytime you press the sat nav menu buttoms, you thave the ad of2external system is not connected). After done all the job I finally isntalled a nav cpu as well as an external video input to watch ipod videos on the screen as well as a rear view camera.

Some things about Lexus nav computers & screens:

To have video features on the nav screen, it is imperative to have the nav system installed.

The US computer does not read European discs and vice versa. Please check with Australian models what cpu model you need (Aisin or Denso).

Are really difficult to find at good price (eBay prices are around 900 USD). The European version is almost impossible to find it used and working. New cost around 4.000 USD.

After making my installation (time consuming and brain burning) I only recommend you to do it if you are really familiar with car mechanics and electric and if you really want to do it. Honestly, I am not using nav, jsut the video features. I live on an Island.

Have in mind that the tomtom or similar costs around 400 € with all Europe installed...

Anyway, I have all the electrical diagrams, you tell me.

About the cruise control, I know that the Prius models have all the electrical installed from factory, even with the system connected or not, check if the RX you own have the wiring.

hi guys,

thanks....

Rog.

Hi Rog

I wanna do the same. If anyone gets back to you could you let me know as well

Ta

Toucan12

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links