Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radiator Help..

chrisnasah

Hello Guys,

Sorry if i might ask a stupid questrion. I am not a car person and have just got a lexus hope you can be patient and understanding.

Well am confused. I was checking my car making sure oil, water, fluids were all topped up.

On the radiator there arew two openings. One is normal in the middle like every other car has. I opened it and it was full, it was more a liquid than water in there, like a clear pink water kinda oily but not dirty, very clean and clear. What would that be, anti-freeze?? Maybe its too much in there, is there any harm in that.

Secondly what confused me, there is another opening next to the radiator. It says coolant on top. I opened it and it was dry like anything. Not knowing what it was i left it, what is it???? Water topup, overflow or wat.

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Guys,

Sorry if i might ask a stupid questrion. I am not a car person and have just got a lexus hope you can be patient and understanding.

Well am confused. I was checking my car making sure oil, water, fluids were all topped up.

On the radiator there arew two openings. One is normal in the middle like every other car has. I opened it and it was full, it was more a liquid than water in there, like a clear pink water kinda oily but not dirty, very clean and clear. What would that be, anti-freeze?? Maybe its too much in there, is there any harm in that.

Secondly what confused me, there is another opening next to the radiator. It says coolant on top. I opened it and it was dry like anything. Not knowing what it was i left it, what is it???? Water topup, overflow or wat.

Thanks in advance.

Am very very very surpised, 86 views but no one even managed to write one line.... why is that? I have a got a weired car to all of you or is that no one has noticed what am on about??

the radiator cap , the one with red coolant in is not where its topped up, you top up on the other cap, to the marks indicated on the side of the plastic tank, it is...the overflow/reserve

Cheers for that. So i take it where its marked coolant on the plastic kind of thing, i need to add water from there. Sorry just confirming on my understanding

took me a little while to figure that out as i had been used to expansion packs.

as Mat said you can see what level your at by looking at the back of the black part, it was a white part that the coolent shows through.

I top mine up with Halfords ready mixed coolent.