Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My understanding has always been that the second generation IS has 8.5" wide rears and 8" fronts. However, I took the OEM IS250 17" rims off (my IS200 Sport) today for a quick clean and corrosion check, and noticed the cast markings on all four wheels said '17 x 8 JJ' and '45' for offset. In measuring the rims I cannot see any difference in rim width although the tyres originally on the IS250 were 225's front and 245's rear.

Did I get an odd set, am I wrong in thinking they are different rim widths, or is it just the tyre width that's different? :unsure:

My understanding has always been that the second generation IS has 8.5" wide rears and 8" fronts. However, I took the OEM IS250 17" rims off (my IS200 Sport) today for a quick clean and corrosion check, and noticed the cast markings on all four wheels said '17 x 8 JJ' and '45' for offset. In measuring the rims I cannot see any difference in rim width although the tyres originally on the IS250 were 225's front and 245's rear.

Did I get an odd set, am I wrong in thinking they are different rim widths, or is it just the tyre width that's different? :unsure:

My car has exactly as you describe. Same size/dimension rims and wider tyres for the rear. It's standard in Australia for the Sports Luxury model. Sounds like it's the same in the UK.

My car has exactly as you describe. Same size/dimension rims and wider tyres for the rear. It's standard in Australia for the Sports Luxury model. Sounds like it's the same in the UK.

Thanks for confirming they're the same width Bluey. All the models must be the same in that respect, including the 18", except for the AWD available in the US that has the same width tyres on all the corners.