Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So there I was, hottest day of the year, and the aircon is weaker then the wifes tea! Actually, it's been getting poorer for a few weeks. Anyway, I remove the pollen filter on Sunday, and hey presto, the aircon is now strong enough to blow my wig off.

Now, Come monday morning, and I ring a lexus dealer, well I wait and I wait for parts dept, and eventually give up, I'll try another.... and I wait, and wait and give up, I'll try another... Ok, got a parts department person, hurray!!!!

"Excuse me, could you give me the cost and the part number of a pollen filter for an IS220d?"

"Hold on, I'll check"

I hold..........................

"We don't have one in stock, but they are £38.??"

"Oh, OK, can you give me the part number?"

"We don't give out part numbers, but I can order one for you."

"I'm sure you can!! Good bye!" :tsktsk:

Now, Im not sure, but I think it's an offence not to give out the part number when requested, however I could be wrong.

Any comments or ideas?

"We don't give out part numbers, but I can order one for you."

I've never had a problem getting part numbers from Lexus Bristol, or Westside Lexus, Houston, Texas..suggest you try 'phoning another dealership.

Renault don't like giving out part # either (this is to prevent you going out and buying cheaper OE parts from people like GSF/ECPbut thats another matter all together) - just call around other dealers and you might get someone a little more co-operative. However, if your car has any receipts for previous Lexus servicing, look in their for the part # as they're invariably always listed in there. 38GBP sounds about right for a gneuine Lexus pollen filter (speaking as an RX owner).