Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

OK SO DESPITE HAVING ACAMERA FITTED I STILL HIT A CONCRETE POST AND HAVE CRACKED THE BUMPER JUST BY THE REFLECTIR LIGHT.

LOCAL BODY SHOP TELL ME IT WILL PROB NEED A NEW BUMPER

SO DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET A REAR BUMPER ...IN BLACK WOULD BE GOOD BUT NOT ESSENTIAL

YEAR 07 REGISTERED JUNE 07

NOT BEEN TO MY LOCAL LAEXUS DEALER YET £££££££££££££££££££££ OOCH I GUESS

ANYONE KNOW OR RECOMMEND ANYTHING PLEASE LET ME KNOW

ANDY

andy.naylor@virgin.net

Youre looking approx £130 + vat + fitting and painting for an IS220 rear bumper

Lexus Chester wanted £297 for painting a rear bumper not including supplying a new one, I think you could find your price a little light. Anyway why not claim off the insurance, still bound to be cheaper than paying for it, even with the excess. Someone might even have driven in to the car while you where not present. :winky:

Lexus Chester wanted £297 for painting a rear bumper not including supplying a new one, I think you could find your price a little light. Anyway why not claim off the insurance, still bound to be cheaper than paying for it, even with the excess. Someone might even have driven in to the car while you where not present. :winky:

well considering chris ACTUALLY works in a dealership, i think you may find his price is totally Bob on for a new bumper

well considering chris ACTUALLY works in a dealership, i think you may find his price is totally Bob on for a new bumper

well i know the bumper price is correct as ive just looked it up ;) so if you add vat plus paint and labour

well i know the bumper price is correct as ive just looked it up ;) so if you add vat plus paint and labour

Hi guys (caps locke off now) took the car to a body shop and he can repair the bummper and repaint for £370 +vat he tells me a new bumper would cost around £900 from lexus...not priced up yet ! any advise chaps ? what do you think a total new one would cost?

Hi guys (caps locke off now) took the car to a body shop and he can repair the bummper and repaint for £370 +vat he tells me a new bumper would cost around £900 from lexus...not priced up yet ! any advise chaps ? what do you think a total new one would cost?

The clue's are there :winky: why repair the old one, when you can get new one for the same price :winky:

£900!!! What a shark...I wouldn't even take the new bumper to him for paint after trying a con like that :tsktsk: .

The clue's are there :winky: why repair the old one, when you can get new one for the same price :winky:

Fairly easy to fit the new one yourself after painting. The attached link is instructions for fitting the OEM GFX rear but you need only to make reference to Figure 3.1 and 3.2 which shows removing the rear bumper. The removal panel tool referred to isn't absolutely essential as I just used a 1" paint scraper to remove the fittings. Fitting the new one is just reverse of the disassembly procedure.

http://www.lexus-parts.com/IS_08158-53830.pdf

This is the funniest thread I've read in ages! :lol:

You're looking at about £450 to have a new bumper painted and fitted - that was the cost I've paid before to do the same at a Lexus bodyshop, not unreasonable imo

Hi guys

Had a new rear bumper fitted a few months ago. the parts price is spot on and the painting through lexus, well toyota actually did the paint job and fitted the parking sensors and bumper back on as recommended by lexus to keep warranty etc. TOTAL COST including parts £580 inc VAT bargain not! So there you have it and hopefully the picture below for viewing. PS if bumper fitted incorrectly the paint chips on the upper corners next to the bodywork and major scuffing on the upper part of the bumper where the boot lid hits it also causing damage to the boot lid edge. thank the lord for that warranty.

post-18853-1186615440.jpg

PS if bumper fitted incorrectly the paint chips on the upper corners next to the bodywork and major scuffing on the upper part of the bumper where the boot lid hits it also causing damage to the boot lid edge. thank the lord for that warranty.

Mine too has this problem :shutit: but not at the corners - just all the way along where the boot lid meets the bumper!

Seems like my car has suffered every single problem that the new IS can, has or will have

PS if bumper fitted incorrectly the paint chips on the upper corners next to the bodywork and major scuffing on the upper part of the bumper where the boot lid hits it also causing damage to the boot lid edge. thank the lord for that warranty.

Mine too has this problem :shutit: but not at the corners - just all the way along where the boot lid meets the bumper!

Seems like my car has suffered every single problem that the new IS can, has or will have

Jamboo - were you the Beta tester for this model... :crybaby:

Feels it :unsure:

The panel tolerances are so low/small, that this is inevitable. There is a design issue here - the bootlid hits a rubber stopper and I think it flexes too much - to the extent where it flexes enough to allows the bootlid lip to contact the bumper

That's what it seems like to me, and I think there must be loads of cars with this issue - probably worthwhile people checking. I will try and post up some piccies on this thread when I can. The car needs a good wash this weekend, so watch this space!!

PS - just to be clear the scuffing runs almost along the entire length of the crevice where the bootlid edge meets the bumper....

not really the wife decided to inbed the rear into a minibus, thankfully no real damage but a good excuse to replace it with the 250 bumper and get the powerflow exhaust made and fitted. hope you guys think it looks the part.

It looks helluvalot better than that single sooty exhaust pipe :) :lol:

thanks for the vote of confidence on the exhaust Tango i think it looks pretty good too. and the scuffing is also right along the bumper too where the lid meets. going in for a service soon will call them first to arrange a repair on the bumper and also kick ***** about a dent that appeared in the wing while in the care of the bodyshop. nobody gives a damn about other peoples property these days.

When I got my rear bumper painted lexus fitted the bumper wrong on the second attempt and the boot grazed it as described above. On the third attempt they fitted it back on ok so it had obviouly just missed some mounting holes or something.