Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone help?

Used to have the IS250, so I came up with this brilliant idea of having an ipod with all my tunes on it in the car as it had the Aux input, now I have the RX400h, I no longer have the Aux input, any mods you know of where this can easily be resolved?

Can anyone help?

Used to have the IS250, so I came up with this brilliant idea of having an ipod with all my tunes on it in the car as it had the Aux input, now I have the RX400h, I no longer have the Aux input, any mods you know of where this can easily be resolved?

hi!

you have 3 options.

nbr. 1 is the IPod Integration Kit from lexus europe, part nbr. PZ420-00263-ME, price around 300,-EUR

nbr. 2 is soundlink from vaistech (www.vaistech.com), sells for about 300,-USD, must be self imported from US

nbr.3 is Dice iPod integration kit Dice kit, sells for about 150,-USD, self import.

lexus integration kit and soundlink adapters are working fine, dice users have reported some troubles but latest versions should work fine.

regards

willi

Can anyone help?

hi!

you have 3 options.

nbr. 1 is the IPod Integration Kit from lexus europe, part nbr. PZ420-00263-ME, price around 300,-EUR

nbr. 2 is soundlink from vaistech (www.vaistech.com), sells for about 300,-USD, must be self imported from US

nbr.3 is Dice iPod integration kit Dice kit, sells for about 150,-USD, self import.

lexus integration kit and soundlink adapters are working fine, dice users have reported some troubles but latest versions should work fine.

regards

willi

Or you could just get an iPod FM trasmitter thingy, which are now legal in the UK

Hi there, I just bought a RX-300 2003 SEL with built in Sat Nav and the Mark levinson upgrade. I had a few issues that I wanted help on:

1. How can I integrate my ipod with the sound system without using the FM Transmitter so that the sound comes through the car speakers. It would be fantastic if the ipod could interface with the sound system but I think that would be wishfull thinking??

2. I also wanted to install a Bluetooth handsfree car kit hardwired into the system so that the system mutes itself when there is an incoming call and the sound comes through the car speakers again.

3. Can I upgrade the software on my sat-nav? For example the current version does not take post codes, so Can I upgrade it to one that can and also receives traffic TMC updates?

If there are after market solutions available, which would be the best one? I would really appreciate any help on these.

Thanks

Rishi

Can anyone help?

hi!

you have 3 options.

regards

willi

Thanks Willi, is option 1 easily fitted by me or a dealer?

Can anyone help?

hi!

you have 3 options.

regards

willi

Thanks Willi, is option 1 easily fitted by me or a dealer?

you can order it at the lexus dealer and he will install it. i have no experience with self installation of the lexus product but assume that it will be as easy as the vaistech soundlinq. if you go for the lexus product i would suggest that you let lexus install it to have the full warranty.

i have installed the soundlinq my self and have done a installation documentation for it i can send if needed.

i installed the soundlinq because at this time the lexus product was not available.

Can anyone help?

hi!

you have 3 options.

regards

willi

Hi Willi,

1. I spoke to lexus about their integration kit, and they said that the one with that part# is actually a cable worth £6. Would you be able to provide any more info on this?

2. Do you have any idea on how good the the soundlinq system is? Does it need professional installation? How much time is needed to install this?

Willi I would really appriciate it if you could let me know this info.

Thanks

Rishi

Can anyone help?

hi!

you have 3 options.

regards

willi

Hi Willi,

1. I spoke to lexus about their integration kit, and they said that the one with that part# is actually a cable worth £6. Would you be able to provide any more info on this?

2. Do you have any idea on how good the the soundlinq system is? Does it need professional installation? How much time is needed to install this?

Willi I would really appriciate it if you could let me know this info.

Thanks

Rishi

at 1.

sorry if the part number is wrong. it is called lexus iPod integration kit and is manufactured from panasonic in europe. lexus austria is selling it for 330,-EUR including installation. so lexus UK must be able to order it from lexus europe.

at 2. sound quality of soundlinq is excellent (as is the iPod integration kit from lexus i have been told). it supports up to 99 playlists and you have to have at least one playlist. it supports text display and handles like your CD player. in the european models the old systems have not supported to adjust the preset sound level means you could not adjust the factory set sound level becouse the european lexus radios missed the SCAN button used to get into the adjust mode (and the unit comes preset to level 15, max level is 30, min level is 0). this mans that you had to turn up the volume of your stereo (compared to other sources like FM and CD) to get an adequate sound volume.

may be this has changed meanwhile and the new units can be addjusted by the user.

it is hard to say if it needs prof. installation. i would say no but have a look at the documentation i made you will find here Soundlinq installation

if you install the soundlinq in a RX400 model 2007 please note that you have to set the unit to the MP3 mode as described in the user manual!

• 1 year later...