Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Head Unit Cutting Out

My Alpine has started cutting out when ever i turn it up beyond volume number 17.

At first i thought it was a loose connection but ive had it all out and its fine. I have a parrot kit going through it and that never cuts out when the H/U does though! :wacko:

any suggestion's on what it might be or what it is??

sockets on the car to ISO to parrot to head unit.

it's only just started, could it be that its not getting enough power from the battery when i turn it up?

would have to are with wozza..

sounds like the internal amp on the head unit is overheating..

either that or one of the speakers is blown and thats causing it to shut down..

try each speaker inturn to check...

I expect its the internal AMP on the head unit having an over temp shut down, does it come back to life when the power to it is reset?

It was been warm over the last few days.

Each Speaker test will work if its a blown speaker, I doubt it will trip with 1 speaker at a time as there will be a low load on the amp.

Does the headunit do it if you take it out the cage (good air circulation) and drive the stereo hard?

Are your speakers standard???

speakers are standard yep, i've not run the H/U while its out of the dash but it does turn back on affter its been off for a couple of seconds. Even does it when i have the iPod playing rather than a CD, not tested it using the radio though (not sure if that would be of relevance though).

Not sure if the physical temperature would contribute to it as ive had the heating on in the car alot lately (well, when we had crappy weather) and it never over heated.

• 2 weeks later...
My Alpine has started cutting out when ever i turn it up beyond volume number 17.

At first i thought it was a loose connection but ive had it all out and its fine. I have a parrot kit going through it and that never cuts out when the H/U does though! :wacko:

any suggestion's on what it might be or what it is??

i had this problem a few months ago in my golf, i have an alpine head unit. every thing i read up and everyone o spoke to said it will not be the alpine amp misfunctioning!! wot i found it was is a speaker wire was rubbing on a peice of metal which had cased the wires protective coat to be penertrated, at higher wattage this cause a short (v safe one at that) and causes the head unit to cut out as a safety measure!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links