Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Toyota Altezza Rs200

swazi

Hi

I have a japanese import 1999 toyota altezza rs200 tiptronic, its a beautiful car but has a problem which is getting me down

The problem is when its in automatic drive when you give it a bit of throttle the engine light comes on and the car seems to go into a limp home mode. Yesterday was really bad, while i was driving the car did this and started driving really sluggishly, then evenually it cut off completely - the revs went to o and could move, power steering also was affected, and even brakes didnt work properly! After i came to a holt, i turned off the car and then back again, and the problem has gone away (for now) im too scared to give it any throttle as im afraid its going to happen again. Please can someone give me some advice/info

I spoke to my neighbour (hes an RAC callout guy) and asked him to have a look, he revved it redline in park and the light didnt come on so he reckoned it could be a gearbox problem :tsktsk:

Fault code would be really helpful to help us.... help you!!