Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

To Modify Or Not To Modify

Hi guys and girls. Just for a bit of fun I thought we could see the percentage of people who choose to modify their cars or leave them standard.

Of course there is mixed opinion on what constitues modifying a car so, as is my usual way, I have developed my own warped system of defining a modded car. I realise this is my own opinion but we have to have boundaries.

Modification includes any alteration (either adding or altering from standard) of the following (that was not a factory option) - Body, major engine changes (s/c, turbo, i/k, mapping (whatever that is lol!! Just thought I'd sound clued up!) etc), exhaust, wheels, brake discs/pads, suspension (and components thereof), transmission, internal electronics and ICE (head unit, speakers, nav, dvd, alarm etc.), nitrous.

Any alteration to the following does not count as modifications - lighting (including HID's, LED's etc), subtle aesthetic changes (painted brake calipers, refurbed wheels, debadging, sport grille etc), geometry, minor engine changes (plugs, panel air filter etc), wiper blades and anything else not listed in the modification list.

Make sense? No? Alrighty then.

Ok, I'll start.

Standard.

Tally

Modified = 72%

Standard = 28%

Ok, the post has only been on 20 mins and already I'm feeling I'm going to be hugely outvoted lol!

Don't feel left out mate, most of the regular posters on here have mods of one form or another.

Ok, the post has only been on 20 mins and already I'm feeling I'm going to be hugely outvoted lol!

Don't feel left out mate, most of the regular posters on here have mods of one form or another.

Oh I don't, it's nice to be different lol!

Hey Keith i've just noticed that you have some mods on your car :whistling: HID's, K+N....Hmmmm :lol::lol:

Hey just noticed thats my 500th post.... :yahoo::yahoo:

Hey Keith i've just noticed that you have some mods on your car :whistling: HID's, K+N....Hmmmm :lol::lol:

Hey just noticed thats my 500th post.... :yahoo::yahoo:

Yeah but no but yeah but........shut up......... lol I knew someone would bring that up. I did put things like that in the 'non modification' list. Yes I know they technically are mods but like I say, have to have boundaries. What I really mean by mods is something that drastically affects the performance or the look of the car. The K&N filter I bought is simply to increase fuel efficiency and the HID's, well, I just like them lol!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links