Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ebay Seller, What a Bottom!

sorted vti

hey guys.

well i bought a wing mirror off of eBay for £22.

i only bought it for the glass out of it. but when it arrived it didnt have any glass in it, and the mirror base plate was broken aswell. if it was broken in transit then i would understand, but i really dont think it was broken by the courier as the piece that broke off wasnt in the packaging when it arrived.

heres what she replied:-

if the mirror was to be sold with the glass i would have put in the advert complete mirror including mirror glass which i didnt therefor im not to blame for you not recieving somethin you did not bid for, you read the advert and there was no mention of a mirror glass and you got what you payed for. mirror glass's from lexus retail at over 100 pound so why you asumed you were getting a mirror glass that cost in excess of 100 pound plus the electric mirror is beyond me. and there were no chips to the mirror when it left me. so im sorry but there will be no refund as me as a seller did not break any eBay rules.

heres what i replied:-

how can u say u correctly advertised it right? u said it was a wing mirror when there is no mirror!!! how do i know how u would advertise it, if it did have a mirror. im no mind reader!!!

for instance, if someone said they had there wing mirror knocked off there car, they wouldnt say "i had the complete mirror and glass knocked off my car" they would probably say "i had my wing mirror knocked off" and the other person would instantly know they meant the complete unit and glass!!

u should of advertised it as this item does not include the glass!! i think u intentionally layed the mirror in the picture that way so the damage could not be seen, neither the missing glass.

and i think ur lieing when u say the mirror left u un-broken. because surely if the item got broken in transit then the piece that got broken off would still be in the packaging. i was very thorough to check for this piece and unwrapped it fully and checked on the ground for it. but i could not find it!! so i can only assume it got broken before it was wrapped for sending!!

i dont want to have to file a dispute against you. i would like to resolve this in some way. i could of just left bad feedback for this, but thought its always best to try and sort it out without resorting to that.

what do u guys make of this. and is this a member on here?

If you are a member on here, come on, own up. We've all had detective experience from the VX220 site.

He should have stipulated whether the glass was included or not, and I would feel you have a case for dispute. Whether anything will be resolved is not know but it's worth a try.

This is why I don't like eBay. Ok it might cost you a few more pounds from a shop, but you don't have to deal with some idiot throwing his rattle out of his cot if something goes wrong - well, not unless you buy a Peugeot anyway.

Have you got a link for the precise ad?

i wouldn't be very happy mate if i got something like that as you said it was advertised as a wing mirror and you should of got a mirror so in theory she was not selling a wing mirror just the body so you have the right to complain as she sent you something you did not bid on? i'd drop a complaint in and want a refund at the same time?.. :angry: She even answerd in her reply that it was a mirror she was selling: if the mirror was to be sold

From dictionary.com:-

mir·ror (mĭr'ər)

n.

1. A surface capable of reflecting sufficient undiffused light to form an image of an object placed in front of it. Also called looking glass.

2. Something that faithfully reflects or gives a true picture of something else.

3. Something worthy of imitation.

Goods not as described, simple as. Report to eBay. Here is the link, just click on "Email us" at the bottom.

now i think about it. she should of stated it had no glass, because u would assume it would just be unbolted off the car and nothing else done to it, but its had the glass removed so this should be stated.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ADME:L:RTQ:UK:1

i tried to do a search on here for a user name to do with naomi as this is the eBay name, but the member search isnt working.

you know if there a member on here there not going to own up to it!!

ive just contacted eBay. cheers guys.

i havent got a copy of the first email i sent but i said in that that they should of advertised it as a mirror housing!!

i stupidly questioned myself when i got the reply, but now im sure im in the right.

i never normally complain about stuff like this cos its so much hassle to do, but this girl isnt getting me riled up!!

I agree with what has been said so far. A mirror with a mirror is a mirror, a mirror without a mirror is just a casing/housing. Is the place where the mount is broken visible in the picture or on the face down part?

I agree with you and i have had similar problems with eBay before. I now question everything and its the same when im selling something i tell about every little detail or it will just come back to haunt you eventually. Dont be put off with eBay as its still a good resourceful site to get cheap parts etc but just be vigilant.

She seems a bit awkward.

It seems pointless tryin to scam that for £22 its hardly worth it when you get negative ffedback and then everyones wary of you on eBay.

Take it through eBay and don't let it drop people like that are what give eBay the a bad name.

Good luck

Stav

The item is not a mirror... it has no mirror.

It was falsely described.. with the intention to defraud the buyer.

eBay should take a serious view of this, and I don't think you will have any difficulty in getting a refund from them.

I hope she loses her eBay account over this.

John

If it goes all the way and Paypal gives you the refund if the seller refuses you will get 70%(i think) its better than a kick in the bottom but you will find you will still not be totally refunded. I have had this many times with more expensive items too!

If paid by Paypal they will refund up to the cover limit on the item. I had a similar situation where I was owed £300 for a non-delivered item and Paypal only paid £80. (You can see from the original description of the item what the buyer protection limit is - usually £500 now, but was much less when this happened to me).

In my case I'd funded my Paypal account with a Visa debit card, so I rang the bank, quoted Visa rules and they gave me back the remaining £220, leaving Paypal to send their debt collectors after the seller.

cheers guys for the comments. uve certainly gee'd me up on this one. :)

havent heard back as yet, i doubt i will to be honest. so il give her till tommorow evening and then start with getting a refund.

the thing im worried about is her leaving me bad feedback. i had an issue before when a guy won a go kart off me and he never bothered to come and buy it. and he left me bad feedback saying i stole his money!!! i couldnt believe it. i wish i had the chance to steal his money after he said that!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links