Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aircon Service

My A/C on my IS is a bit disappointing to be honest. On it's coldest setting (where it is for most of the year!) it's just not very powerful and doesn't chill you to the core like other systems I've used. It seems a bit asthmatic to be honest and just not very cold. Even with recirculation on it's just disappointing.

Would getting a service of the a/c help and make it cooler? Also where would you recommend taking it?

I just want to be cool! :mellow:

My A/C on my IS is a bit disappointing to be honest. On it's coldest setting (where it is for most of the year!) it's just not very powerful and doesn't chill you to the core like other systems I've used. It seems a bit asthmatic to be honest and just not very cold. Even with recirculation on it's just disappointing.

Would getting a service of the a/c help and make it cooler? Also where would you recommend taking it?

I just want to be cool! :mellow:

Funny that i had mine on most of the day yesterday and it seems to have got worse the more i used it? it gets cold but not an icey cold like it used to do when i first had the car and have been looking at the recharge kits at Halfrauds? think theres another thread on this not too long ago will have to have a search to see what other members have said?

Agreed. Kwik fit are a bunch of foul-mouthed louts who basically charge sky high prices for shoddy work. Never touch them.

Just the legal disclaimer - this in no way reflects the company performance and is not indicitive of the work carried out at every branch on every car. It is in the opinion and experience of the author and not of any third party. Damn political correctness lol!

If you're coming along to Japan North mate, a company will be there, Mount Autos, who have told me they will be bringing their Air Conditioning Servicing machine and offering it on the day at a discounted rate I believe ;)

J

i'm thinkin i'll have them look at mine too

Since you are in Wolverhampton, then MotorClimate in Bordsley heath are very good indeed..Car aircon is all that they do and really know their stuff I think that last year they were charging around £55 but do check with them first. If you come up to the Crewe area then give me a shout, I have packed in car aircon for the masses but do the odd one on my drive in the evening

Since you are in Wolverhampton, then MotorClimate in Bordsley heath are very good indeed..Car aircon is all that they do and really know their stuff I think that last year they were charging around £55 but do check with them first. If you come up to the Crewe area then give me a shout, I have packed in car aircon for the masses but do the odd one on my drive in the evening

Thanks matey. If I'm up north anytime soon, I'll do that. :)